Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    This guy was amazing.. look at this

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ozFQR5ARMR8

    Michael WHO?


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #2
    MVIKING7's Avatar
    MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    347

    Re: A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    I'm 47 and go back to his early playing days.(don't remeber him being drafted though) Fran in my eyes was and always will be in the ton 10 of QB's all time. The man made linebackers retire! At least that's what Deacon Jones said!

  3. #3
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,543

    Re: A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    I'm 45.
    Love Fran the Man.
    As Vikings fans, we were blessed to have him on our Team.
    I love watching the old footage about him and laugh every time Deacon Jones talks about Fran...he actually refuses on some of the tapes; because he got so frustrated chasing him around.
    Tarkenton is the perfect example of an athlete who got the most out of his abilities.
    Gotta love him!!!

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #4
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    I'm 18. I never had the privilage to see him play in real time, but man do i love the clips i've seen and the things i've read...


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  5. #5
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I'm 45.
    Love Fran the Man.
    As Vikings fans, we were blessed to have him on our Team.
    I love watching the old footage about him and laugh every time Deacon Jones talks about Fran...he actually refuses on some of the tapes; because he got so frustrated chasing him around.
    Tarkenton is the perfect example of an athlete who got the most out of his abilities.
    Gotta love him!!!
    #10 was sure fun to watch.
    It would be nice if we could go through another decade like we did in the 70's.

  6. #6
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    "skum" wrote:
    This guy was amazing.. look at this

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ozFQR5ARMR8

    Michael WHO?
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=35854.0

  7. #7
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: A little throwback: Touchdown Fran Tarkenton

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I'm 45.
    Love Fran the Man.
    As Vikings fans, we were blessed to have him on our Team.
    I love watching the old footage about him and laugh every time Deacon Jones talks about Fran...he actually refuses on some of the tapes; because he got so frustrated chasing him around.
    Tarkenton is the perfect example of an athlete who got the most out of his abilities.
    Gotta love him!!!
    #10 was sure fun to watch.
    It would be nice if we could go through another decade like we did in the 70's.
    Makes me wish I was alive back then... never seen any vikes team in the bowl, but that's going to change real soon
    ;D
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Similar Threads

  1. Congratz i_bleed_purple on the Fran Tarkenton (10) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
  2. Congrats gregair13 on the Fran Tarkenton (10) G!
    By marstc09 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
  3. Congratz C Mac D on the Fran Tarkenton (10) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
  4. Fran Tarkenton: Grumpy Old Man
    By MinnesotaFury in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 06:45 AM
  5. Congratz NodakPaul on the Fran Tarkenton (10) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 09:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •