Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

A little perspective?

That was a freakin' horrible loss. No doubt about it. But I had some flashbacks to one of last year's Monday Night games: Pittsburgh vs. Indianapolis. As I recall, the Steelers got their jiggly butts handed to them and had no answer for the Manning led offense.
    Fast forward to the playoffs last year and it's the Colts that look like a fish out of water. Oh yeah, and whatever happened to those Steelers?

Now I'm not trying to predict a superbowl here. But calling on quarterback changes and acting like roof of the Metrodome is falling seems a bit premature. We're 4-3 with a whole lot of season left. We still have a great shot at making the playoffs, and once that happens, anything can happen. C'mon Vikes fans. This is no time to give whine like a bunch of nancies. What does one do when the going gets tough?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A little perspective?

The Dropper wrote:
    What does one do when the going gets tough?
    One kills Rookie Posters and hides their bodies under the porch...

I agree that the idea of benching Johnson is silly...we have no one to replace him.
    But tonights performance was horrendous.
    Our lack of Offensive productivity throughout the entire season (Except in Seattle) is killing us.
    Johnson isn't the problem...but neither is he the solution.

Caine

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

i know the refs f$%^ked us. and the game was out of hand, but didn't it look like the team completely quit ,(offense and defense) after bollinger came into the game?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Flaminglover is offline Waterboy

I think they quit after the big kick return you could tell the defense came out fired up for the second half, than we got the moore TD, the crowd was going crazy, it felt like things were going our way than that happend.... that killed our comeback

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:
    i know the refs f$%^ked us. and the game was out of hand, but didn't it look like the team completely quit ,(offense and defense) after bollinger came into the game?
    The game was
    - effectively - over when Bollinger came in.
    Everyone knew that.
    It was just a matter of letting time expire.

Caine

poult is offline Asst. Coach

better have a big porch.........

you cant get rid of johnson, but someone does have to slap some sense into him.
    he's not supposed to make mistakes, he looked like favre on 2 of his INTs.
    the offense does need a jumpstart, no doubt about it, but come on it was the patriots, they are a good team, one of the best in the NFL, and the next 4 games we should be able to take.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

4 tds and 7 picks through 7 weeks are not probowl numbers they arent even decent numbers heck kyle orton had better stats!Break out the offense!Spread them out do some trick plays reverses draws 4 wr setsgo with a no running back set just do something!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Caine" wrote:
    The Dropper wrote:
    What does one do when the going gets tough?
    One kills Rookie Posters and hides their bodies under the porch...

I agree that the idea of benching Johnson is silly...we have no one to replace him.
    But tonights performance was horrendous.
    Our lack of Offensive productivity throughout the entire season (Except in Seattle) is killing us.
    Johnson isn't the problem...but neither is he the solution.

Caine
    Fine. Kill me and throw me under the porch (if you even have a porch
    :P).

I actually am agreeing with most of your posts tonight, Caine, now that I've read them. This was a total team loss, and I definitely, as you say, blame the coaching staff, receivers, and O-line before I'd blame Brad. Nonetheless, all are to blame in one form or another.
    So, you say that Brad is also not the solution. Well, what is? You've also argued against putting in backup QB's, so what is your solution?
    Perhaps just ride out the rest of the season?
    Well, that 's my solution, and it's what I was trying to get at in starting this thread. It's easy to get all worked up over an embarrassing loss, but a good team (and good fans) will get over the embarrassing games quickly, and move on to try and recapture what's left of a season.

Just for context, right before starting this thread, I ran into a coworker who happens to be a die-hard Seahawks fan. The two of us have a running trash-talking game going, so naturally, I called him last week immediately after stepping outside of Qwest Field to rub in the loss. Thus, when I tonight, I fully expected to eat my well-done serving of crow, but instead of rubbing it in (which he is normally all to pleased to do), he simply responded, "yeah, we all have games like that."

I guess in some way that just made me feel a little better about tonight, and a little more optimistic. Niners, Packers, Jets, Lions. Cripes. These teams stink. And we will too if we can't recover from this loss, but for now I remain prudently hopeful.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:

Apparently except Belichick as he had his team continue to throw when the game was out of reach and tried to run up the score and I hope down the road we can repay him for that!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    4 tds and 7 picks through 7 weeks are not probowl numbers they arent even decent numbers heck kyle orton had better stats!Break out the offense!Spread them out do some trick plays reverses draws 4 wr setsgo with a no running back set just do something!
    We do not need Pro Bowl numbers to be successful.

You have to have the right QB in there to spread the offense.
    Brad is not that guy and never has been.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast