Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lito Shepard

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Lito Shepard

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    If the QB was on his ass he wouldn't have made that throw.

The truth of it is, our scheme doesn't lend to having our secondary to play like most fans want. If the front 4 do thier jobs our secondary looks fine. If they don't, then our secondary looks like a Cover 2 secondary trying to make up for shitty play on the front end.

From what I saw again this weekend, the secondary did thier job and in most instances, covered well enough to allow for our slow ass pass rush to get to the QB and it still didn't happen.
    As good as our front 4 is, 4 on 5,6,7 blockers isn't an easy task. When we blitzed, we looked good, but we can't afford to do that regularly while Cook and Griffin are still out.

Complaining about our defense now is practically asking for perfection.
    Agree on all counts with one exception.

Our front 4 should be able to beat the 5 OL, even if they get a chip/help.

Problem is, JA isn't getting double teamed and is still getting his ass whooped. Because that is happening, the extra blocker can then help on the DT's or not help at all and get into the shorter routes in the flat/underneath zones which in turn causes our CB's to hand guys over to the S's a bit sooner than they are ready for.....etc etc etc.

Of course that kindof means we are getting away from a Cover 2 though doesn't it. That should make all of us happier.
    To be fair, Allen got beat by Jake Long yesterday. That dude is a monster, a great athlete, with fantastic feet, and incredible strength. When he got his paws on Allen it was all over, and when he had a chip, there was no chance. He was up against a hell of a player and lost. It seemed like he could have worked the hands better, don't let Long get his hand on you and you can win with speed.

His numbers right now are pretty much the same as last year at this point, just a couple less tackles. 1 sack.

Maybe he's just a slow starter. Also, his sacks tend to come in bunches. I'm not really concerned about JA in particular. But where has Ray Edwards been? He knocked that one pass down yesterday, but other than that, I don't even remember hearing his name mentioned in either game.
    Ray Edwards has shown nothing. It is too bad that the Vikings did not give a better offer to Cameron Wake prior to last season, because Wake is a pass rushing monster.

Jared Allen gets eaten up by large physical offensive tackles - especially when the tackles are allowed to hold on so many plays. I could care less if Long kept his hands inside; grabbing the jersey and shoulder pads is still holding. Long did it all day, and the Dolphins did not have a single penalty for much of the first half.

It does not help that the defensive scheme looked like the generic cover 2 scheme used in the preseason. Stunt, run blitz, overload? Any takers?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Minniman wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    If the QB was on his ass he wouldn't have made that throw.

The truth of it is, our scheme doesn't lend to having our secondary to play like most fans want. If the front 4 do thier jobs our secondary looks fine. If they don't, then our secondary looks like a Cover 2 secondary trying to make up for shitty play on the front end.

From what I saw again this weekend, the secondary did thier job and in most instances, covered well enough to allow for our slow ass pass rush to get to the QB and it still didn't happen.
    As good as our front 4 is, 4 on 5,6,7 blockers isn't an easy task. When we blitzed, we looked good, but we can't afford to do that regularly while Cook and Griffin are still out.

Complaining about our defense now is practically asking for perfection.
    Agree on all counts with one exception.

Our front 4 should be able to beat the 5 OL, even if they get a chip/help.

Problem is, JA isn't getting double teamed and is still getting his ass whooped. Because that is happening, the extra blocker can then help on the DT's or not help at all and get into the shorter routes in the flat/underneath zones which in turn causes our CB's to hand guys over to the S's a bit sooner than they are ready for.....etc etc etc.

Of course that kindof means we are getting away from a Cover 2 though doesn't it. That should make all of us happier.
    To be fair, Allen got beat by Jake Long yesterday. That dude is a monster, a great athlete, with fantastic feet, and incredible strength. When he got his paws on Allen it was all over, and when he had a chip, there was no chance. He was up against a hell of a player and lost. It seemed like he could have worked the hands better, don't let Long get his hand on you and you can win with speed.

His numbers right now are pretty much the same as last year at this point, just a couple less tackles. 1 sack.

Maybe he's just a slow starter. Also, his sacks tend to come in bunches. I'm not really concerned about JA in particular. But where has Ray Edwards been? He knocked that one pass down yesterday, but other than that, I don't even remember hearing his name mentioned in either game.
    Ray Edwards has shown nothing. It is too bad that the Vikings did not give a better offer to Cameron Wake prior to last season, because Wake is a pass rushing monster.

Jared Allen gets eaten up by large physical offensive tackles - especially when the tackles are allowed to hold on so many plays. I could care less if Long kept his hands inside; grabbing the jersey and shoulder pads is still holding. Long did it all day, and the Dolphins did not have a single penalty for much of the first half.

It does not help that the defensive scheme looked like the generic cover 2 scheme used in the preseason. Stunt, run blitz, overload? Any takers?
    I think you need to go watch some of the film breakdowns they aired on NFL Network this weekend if you think Ray has shown nothing.

He was eating up alot of double teams last weekend my friend.

His reaction time on the batted pass was pretty damn impressive.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Zeus wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Actually I think Lito did so bad they either took him out for some plays or moved him.
    Marshall had ONE long catch for 46 yards. His other 3 catches were for 25 yards. The Dolphins had 106 net passing yards.

Some people just gotta bitch.

=Z=
    And your proof of that dude. Quit ur hating

Freya is offline Team Alumni

CCthebest wrote:
    Lito Shepard is the worst CB i have ever seen play for the Vikes. Can anyone name a worse CB we have had? Do the Vikes plan for games? Was the game plan really for Lito tobe on BM? I know Winfield is 2 feet shorter then Lito but does the coaching staff plan for stuff like this? Or using PH as our main WR?
    Cedric Griffin
    But not to worry. He'll be back in a couple of weeks, making Shepard look elite.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Lito Shepard is the worst CB i have ever seen play for the Vikes. Can anyone name a worse CB we have had? Do the Vikes plan for games? Was the game plan really for Lito tobe on BM? I know Winfield is 2 feet shorter then Lito but does the coaching staff plan for stuff like this? Or using PH as our main WR?
    Cedric Griffin
    But not to worry. He'll be back in a couple of weeks, making Shepard look elite.
    You cut me to the quick young lady....... :dry:

I thought you of all people were a Griff fan.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Cedric Griffin

Noooooooo!!!!!! Never. What ever gave you that idea, Darlin?!

If he was the comic relief I would love him though. :laugh:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Cedric Griffin

Noooooooo!!!!!! Never. What ever gave you that idea, Darlin?!

If he was the comic relief I would love him though. :laugh:
    You just brightened what was going to be a very dismal day my friend.

Thanks.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

CCthebest wrote:
    You just named some of the worst corners EVER. And your happy Childress and CO were happy with having him as our starter? Did you see him trying to cover BM? You cant get more pathetic then that. But yeah I guess I was exagerating a little, was just more pissed the his year isnt prepared like they were last year.
    You asked if people could name corners that have played worse for the Vikings, and they did. Do you even pay attention to what you're saying?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Lito's not so bad.

Actually, I feel much better about the Vike's secondary than I did last year when Winfield first got hurt.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Infidel wrote:
    Lito's not so bad.

Actually, I feel much better about the Vike's secondary than I did last year when Winfield first got hurt.
    What makes you fell better now we have Lito?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast