Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lito Shepard

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Lito Shepard

And all these guys did as bad as Lito their first game?

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Actually I think Lito did so bad they either took him out for some plays or moved him.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I actually don't think Lito was that bad.

Considering he was covering a 6'5" receiver most of the game and Henne looked good, there wasn't much he could do.

Abdullah blew it a few times, as did everyone else.

The TD that Sheppard gave up was a no-win situation. He can't cover the CB in the flat and the WR running that back corner route... it's just not possible. That was if anyone, Frazier's fault

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

They actually started Allen over Shepard today as a shot at him to wake up.

Doubt it works.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

CCthebest wrote:
    Actually I think Lito did so bad they either took him out for some plays or moved him.
    Marshall had ONE long catch for 46 yards. His other 3 catches were for 25 yards. The Dolphins had 106 net passing yards.

Some people just gotta bitch.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

If the QB was on his ass he wouldn't have made that throw.

The truth of it is, our scheme doesn't lend to having our secondary to play like most fans want. If the front 4 do thier jobs our secondary looks fine. If they don't, then our secondary looks like a Cover 2 secondary trying to make up for shitty play on the front end.

From what I saw again this weekend, the secondary did thier job and in most instances, covered well enough to allow for our slow ass pass rush to get to the QB and it still didn't happen.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:

The truth of it is, our scheme doesn't lend to having our secondary to play like most fans want. If the front 4 do thier jobs our secondary looks fine. If they don't, then our secondary looks like a Cover 2 secondary trying to make up for shitty play on the front end.

From what I saw again this weekend, the secondary did thier job and in most instances, covered well enough to allow for our slow ass pass rush to get to the QB and it still didn't happen.
    As good as our front 4 is, 4 on 5,6,7 blockers isn't an easy task. When we blitzed, we looked good, but we can't afford to do that regularly while Cook and Griffin are still out.

At midseason, when Griffin is back to form, Cook is shaking off the rookie rust, everyone starts to click, and Frazier opens up the playbook we're gonna look a lot better defensively... and we've only given up two scores in each game. Truth is, they've kept us in both games, no matter how badly the offense fucked it up.

Complaining about our defense now is practically asking for perfection.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

As good as our front 4 is, 4 on 5,6,7 blockers isn't an easy task. When we blitzed, we looked good, but we can't afford to do that regularly while Cook and Griffin are still out.

At midseason, when Griffin is back to form, Cook is shaking off the rookie rust, everyone starts to click, and Frazier opens up the playbook we're gonna look a lot better defensively... and we've only given up two scores in each game. Truth is, they've kept us in both games, no matter how badly the offense fucked it up.

Agree on all counts with one exception.

Our front 4 should be able to beat the 5 OL, even if they get a chip/help.

Problem is, JA isn't getting double teamed and is still getting his ass whooped. Because that is happening, the extra blocker can then help on the DT's or not help at all and get into the shorter routes in the flat/underneath zones which in turn causes our CB's to hand guys over to the S's a bit sooner than they are ready for.....etc etc etc.

On a side note, I think our banged up secondary is playing pretty good considering the lack of success our front 4 are having. Maybe when Griff and Cook get back, along with Asher, we can actually play a little man to man which might help our front 4 out.

Of course that kindof means we are getting away from a Cover 2 though doesn't it. That should make all of us happier.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Problem is, JA isn't getting double teamed and is still getting his ass whooped. Because that is happening, the extra blocker can then help on the DT's or not help at all and get into the shorter routes in the flat/underneath zones which in turn causes our CB's to hand guys over to the S's a bit sooner than they are ready for.....etc etc etc.

On a side note, I think our banged up secondary is playing pretty good considering the lack of success our front 4 are having. Maybe when Griff and Cook get back, along with Asher, we can actually play a little man to man which might help our front 4 out.

Of course that kindof means we are getting away from a Cover 2 though doesn't it. That should make all of us happier.
    To be fair, Allen got beat by Jake Long yesterday. That dude is a monster, a great athlete, with fantastic feet, and incredible strength. When he got his paws on Allen it was all over, and when he had a chip, there was no chance. He was up against a hell of a player and lost. It seemed like he could have worked the hands better, don't let Long get his hand on you and you can win with speed.

His numbers right now are pretty much the same as last year at this point, just a couple less tackles. 1 sack.

Maybe he's just a slow starter. Also, his sacks tend to come in bunches. I'm not really concerned about JA in particular. But where has Ray Edwards been? He knocked that one pass down yesterday, but other than that, I don't even remember hearing his name mentioned in either game.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

To be fair, Allen got beat by Jake Long yesterday. That dude is a monster, a great athlete, with fantastic feet, and incredible strength. When he got his paws on Allen it was all over, and when he had a chip, there was no chance. He was up against a hell of a player and lost. It seemed like he could have worked the hands better, don't let Long get his hand on you and you can win with speed.

His numbers right now are pretty much the same as last year at this point, just a couple less tackles. 1 sack.

Maybe he's just a slow starter. Also, his sacks tend to come in bunches. I'm not really concerned about JA in particular. But where has Ray Edwards been? He knocked that one pass down yesterday, but other than that, I don't even remember hearing his name mentioned in either game.
    Don't get me going on Ray. He is part of the DL. When I hack on the DL he is included.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast