audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Listen to Wiggins...

Here's what he said:

"As players, we really need to look in the mirror," tight end Jermaine Wiggins said. "We're too good a team to be playing like this. I've been to two Super Bowls, and those teams didn't have as much talent as we have here. We're disappointed and frustrated, and the reason we feel that way is we know we're a better team. That's my opinion. I just feel like we should be a better team."

COACHING MAKES A DIFFERENCE....the Vikes need to step up.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Listen to Wiggins...

i think Pep needs to step up first. he has committed way too many turnovers and has made way too many bad decisions. he's our leader, we don't go unless he goes. we proved that last week, he was good last week and we won, he stunk it up the three games we lost. what really irks me about this is during the offseason he was talking about how he's ready to step up and become the leader. i'm tired of hearing him say, "i've been down before and i'm down now, but i'm going to get back up and prove to everybody that i'm really great and blah blah blah." save the speeches and watch some film on defense so you don't hold on to ball until you're being sack and then decide to drop the ball.

Thanks Josdin

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

It goes much deeper than Culpepper....I wish the Vikes would promote Brad Johnson to show all the naysayers who think "Daunte isn't good enough" after what he did last season that Daunte is the man. With Brad Johnson at the helm we would lose like this all season....have some patience, and some confidence.....the Vikes look lackluster at the beginning of every game....they need to get fired up....they need to pass to set up the run, not the other way around....the O-Line and running game isn't good enough...it gets us into putting up a 3 and out right away and that just sets the tone for the rest of the game.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

C-Pep & the coaches are now coming forward & saying he has a knee injury that they've been keeping mum about. It's inhibiting his performance & I'm sure his ability to throw accurately when planting his foot. This also would explain why he hasn't been rolling out a lot or running with the ball & has been staying in the pocket. I also read that the coaching staff has been preaching to him to tuck the ball & take the sack vs. throwing ill-advised passes. He can't simply through the ball away because he's still in the pocket & would get flagged.
    Did we not go through this same senario twice before? Once earlier in Pep's career & once with Cunningham when we lost 3 games before he admitted he had an injury.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesboy2003 is offline Rookie

"audioghost" wrote:
    It goes much deeper than Culpepper....I wish the Vikes would promote Brad Johnson to show all the naysayers who think "Daunte isn't good enough" after what he did last season that Daunte is the man. With Brad Johnson at the helm we would lose like this all season....have some patience, and some confidence.....the Vikes look lackluster at the beginning of every game....they need to get fired up....they need to pass to set up the run, not the other way around....the O-Line and running game isn't good enough...it gets us into putting up a 3 and out right away and that just sets the tone for the rest of the game.
    It does go much deeper than Pep, Wiggens is right there are 11 quys on the feild and all of them need to step up to help us improve. Its's not all Pep's fault he'll figure stuff out during the buy week and well get the ship going in the right direction again even though with this coahing staff were not a Superbowl team.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

If Pep's so hurt that he cant throw the damn ball and cant run either, what the heck is he doing on the field?!

Del Rio Guest

"Storm" wrote:
    If Pep's so hurt that he cant throw the gol 'darnit ball and cant run either, what the heck is he doing on the field?!
    I agree. I can understand keeping it quite, but if he cannot do his job he needs to sit until he is healthy.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    If Pep's so hurt that he cant throw the gol 'darnit ball and cant run either, what the heck is he doing on the field?!
    I agree. I can understand keeping it quite, but if he cannot do his job he needs to sit until he is healthy.
    Your correct Del. He needs to get healthy. They've been keeping it mum to keep his name off the injury list. When we went thru this before & after a number of loses, they finally brought in a back-up & let the QB get healthy. Then we were much improved & started winning again.

With the O-Line as poor as they are, I think Johnson might get killed out there, but he'd be our best option due to his experience.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i think Pep needs to step up first. he has committed way too many turnovers and has made way too many bad decisions. he's our leader, we don't go unless he goes. we proved that last week, he was good last week and we won, he stunk it up the three games we lost. what really irks me about this is during the offseason he was talking about how he's ready to step up and become the leader. i'm tired of hearing him say, "i've been down before and i'm down now, but i'm going to get back up and prove to everybody that i'm really great and blah blah blah." save the speeches and watch some film on defense so you don't hold on to ball until you're being sack and then decide to drop the ball.
    I think that in this thread, we need to try an look at this from the players point of view.

Everyone should be saying to themselves, we did not do our job, what do I have to do to make our team better. I think that that is exactly what is happening.

Who is responsible for answering those questions, the coaching staff. They are suppose to answer those questions and provide the direction, knowledge, & leadership for a turn around.

The players are not saying, I did everything I can do, we just suck.