Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

lions training camp updates

"vegasvike" wrote:

hey los you said that our division has strong offences but not defences? Yo I hate to disagree with you but I think the bears are complete opps of that statement :evil5:
    Oh, I forgot they were in our division.... :lol:
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"silvermane" wrote:
    the defensive line is strong except at right end and kalimba edwards will have to step up there. to me the secondary is the biggest weakness, except for bly of course. i do not think picking up brock marion was the best move. i do like fernando bryant but he has to stay healthy because there just isn't much depth at corner for us this year.
    Funny, I would have said the opposite. I think the Lions DL is a weak spot, but their secondary should be fairly decent. But hey, you're the Lions fan, you probably know your team better than I do.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:

hey los you said that our division has strong offences but not defences? Yo I hate to disagree with you but I think the bears are complete opps of that statement :evil5:
    Oh, I forgot they were in our division.... :lol:
    yeah it's pretty easy to :rr:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

silvermane is offline Rookie

"purplepat" wrote:
    Funny, I would have said the opposite. I think the Lions DL is a weak spot, but their secondary should be fairly decent. But hey, you're the Lions fan, you probably know your team better than I do.
    well the main reason i think the lions dl is a strength is because of the tackles shaun rogers and dan wilkinson. they are awesome at stuffing the middle. the ends are where the weakness is...or maybe should i say they are "unproven" but kalimba did a good job at the end of his rookie year in '02 so hopefully he will turn into a better pass rusher this year. james hall the other end is good against the run but not really a good pass rusher.

dre bly is awesome pure and simple. our secondary would be screwed if he misses a game....knock on wood.

silvermane is offline Rookie

"vegasvike" wrote:
    i do not think picking up brock marion was the best move. i do like fernando bryant but he has to stay healthy because there just isn't much depth at corner for us this year.
    Why is that? Brock Marion is still one player that still makes plays on D. I maight be biased here when I say this( I used to play FS) but FS don't get the rec that they deserve. We saw some of what F. Safties can do example B. Russell, E. Reed, and even on the college level S. Taylor. And by the way who has the NFL record for INT's not a corner or linebacker...a safety holds it.

hey los you said that our division has strong offences but not defences? Yo I hate to disagree with you but I think the bears are complete opps of that statement :evil5:[/quote]

brock marion is a smart player and will be a good leader on a young defense. but he no longer has the speed to cover receivers downfield. there were quite a few times he was out of position last year, that's one reason he was cut by the phins. and i'm not knocking the free safety position at all, i realize how critical that position is in all types of pass coverage and even run defense. but even though the lions had an excellent draft, the one thing that bugged me is that they did not draft a safety. maybe keith smith will be moved to safety down the road.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"silvermane" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    i do not think picking up brock marion was the best move. i do like fernando bryant but he has to stay healthy because there just isn't much depth at corner for us this year.
    Why is that? Brock Marion is still one player that still makes plays on D. I maight be biased here when I say this( I used to play FS) but FS don't get the rec that they deserve. We saw some of what F. Safties can do example B. Russell, E. Reed, and even on the college level S. Taylor. And by the way who has the NFL record for INT's not a corner or linebacker...a safety holds it.

brock marion is a smart player and will be a good leader on a young defense. but he no longer has the speed to cover receivers downfield. there were quite a few times he was out of position last year, that's one reason he was cut by the phins. and i'm not knocking the free safety position at all, i realize how critical that position is in all types of pass coverage and even run defense. but even though the lions had an excellent draft, the one thing that bugged me is that they did not draft a safety. maybe keith smith will be moved to safety down the road.[/quote]

I agree with you 100% on brock marion. I think the media over hyped his signing. I don't see him as much of an upgrade at safety. Upgrade in experience, yes, but that is about it.

While I do see your d as improved, I still see them as weak. Kind of like our d last year, will have games where they look really good and others were they don't. That comes with youth. Your offense will probably be even more inconsistent. But when both the offense and d play good on the same day, you guys should be able to beat the best teams in the league.

I see one more year of struggling for you guys, and then I see the division as a battle between the vikes and lions. I think the pack might drop down after this year.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Err, Los, Dre Bly had a bit of fun with Brett Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    But three nuts in the same hole?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    But three nuts in the same hole?
    :headbang: ROTFLMAO
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast