Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    No access to the premium stats, just the game review that I posted.
    Comeon, cough up the big bucks so you can get me stuff......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Dude - you have zero knowledge of whether or not the primary target on any play is a WR in a short route or a deep route.

=Z=
    Which would be why I also listed playcalling as a questionable attribute.....ummm...."Dude"....

If the primary read on all of these plays is the dump off, then Musgrave needs to be dropped for being a Chiller clone. If not, then Ponder is abandoning his deep reads almost immediately - which means either the receivers aren't open (Another element I cited) or he's just dumping off too quick.

It was all in there...

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Which would be why I also listed playcalling as a questionable attribute.....ummm...."Dude"....

If the primary read on all of these plays is the dump off, then Musgrave needs to be dropped for being a Chiller clone. If not, then Ponder is abandoning his deep reads almost immediately - which means either the receivers aren't open (Another element I cited) or he's just dumping off too quick.

It was all in there...

Caine
    I am guessing that the primary read on most but not all passing plays in a short route. That is the style of offense we run, and it is nothing like Childress's, so I am not sure where that came from. At this level of Ponder's progression, that has been a rather effective strategy. As he continues to progress don't be surprised to see him starting to call hot routes based on the coverage he sees - but he isn't there yet.

Also, we did see several deep throws despite your earlier assertion. Simpson had three thrown his way and Jenkins had two. That is 1/5 of the passes that Ponder threw, and I don't think we are going to (nor do I want to) see any more deep throws than that. I like the highly accurate ball control offense that was displayed so well against San Fran, and I hope we continue to see it against TN. Part of me wonders if Musgrave tried to adjust our offensive strategy to take advantage of Simpson being back and the Lion's weak secondary. I hope we go back to the short game plan this Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I am guessing that the primary read on most but not all passing plays in a short route. That is the style of offense we run, and it is nothing like Childress's, so I am not sure where that came from. At this level of Ponder's progression, that has been a rather effective strategy. As he continues to progress don't be surprised to see him starting to call hot routes based on the coverage he sees - but he isn't there yet.

Also, we did see several deep throws despite your earlier assertion. Simpson had three thrown his way and Jenkins had two. That is 1/5 of the passes that Ponder threw, and I don't think we are going to (nor do I want to) see any more deep throws than that. I like the highly accurate ball control offense that was displayed so well against San Fran, and I hope we continue to see it against TN. Part of me wonders if Musgrave tried to adjust our offensive strategy to take advantage of Simpson being back and the Lion's weak secondary. I hope we go back to the short game plan this Sunday.
    That's all well and good...until you try to gain 8 yards on a 2 yard pass. Or 2 yards on a -2 yard pass. Consistently.

I don't mind the short ball-control game...as long as we understand that we need 10 yards, and we have an actual shot at getting there in 3 downs. When we're down to the wire with 8 to go, throwing for two and praying seems an awful lot like the old KAO to me.....

And yes, he took a few shots, but he only connected on 1...which is why I mentioned it earlier as a point to work on.

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That's all well and good...until you try to gain 8 yards on a 2 yard pass. Or 2 yards on a -2 yard pass. Consistently.

I don't mind the short ball-control game...as long as we understand that we need 10 yards, and we have an actual shot at getting there in 3 downs. When we're down to the wire with 8 to go, throwing for two and praying seems an awful lot like the old KAO to me.....

And yes, he took a few shots, but he only connected on 1...which is why I mentioned it earlier as a point to work on.

Caine
    That is fair, but how many times have we thrown a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 8? I am going to look it up later today, but I have a feeling that the answer may surprise you.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678