Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    This is the 2nd straight week I picked against the Vikings in the survivor pool so you're all welcome xD. If I haven't been eliminated yet, I'll be sure to pick the Titans next week.

I'm sure everyone had us at 1-3 by week 4, but here we are at 3-1 and almost 4-0. Already matched last years win total. This team has a noticeably different attitude the past 2 weeks and I hope it continues. Maybe we've finally learned how to finish games and win. There's no reason why we can't be in the playoff discussion now.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    This team has a noticeably different attitude the past 2 weeks and I hope it continues.
    Yeah the in your face physical defense is a welcome change. Loving the hard hits Smith is constantly throwing.
    None

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    This team looks about 10 times better than I was expecting. I have to make an effort to curb my enthusiasm to keep myself from using the P word. Maybe in two more weeks.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Very happy with the defense, special teams, and running game. Disappointed in the passing game. They were having success with the short, accurate passing game before, but it seems like they went away from it today. Maybe because Simpson was back... iDk. But they need to get back to it.

That is the only negative I have though, as we cruise to 3-1 and stay in first place in the division!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    woooohooo!!!

ok.. the super rush is over but i'm slamming the purple coolaid!!
    O was.. suspect.. BUT ponder didn't put up #'s, but didn't make major mistakes. he's not a pro bowl qb by anymeans.. at least not yet. he did show people he can accurately throw a ball longer then 30 yrds.

Oline - a few breakdowns in the end, but solid game.

wr's didn't seem to have separation most of the game, nice intro to simpson, where'd percy go?? ohh yeah.. he's getting dbl shadow'd for life now..

AP.. a beast.. just a #$@$% beast.. how many tackles broken today? even without a shoe!!!!!

musgrave.. some brilliant calls.. some headscratchers.. but nothing that put us @ risk until that last drive..

SP it's a strange day when SP plays account for more yardage then the O..
    walsh isn't gonna go 100% for the year. really who was thinking that? we did a lot better today in the tackling and staying in lanes in coverage. and a lot more hustle.
    Percy - opening kick off.. i've said it before and i'll say it again.. god damn he's fast.. as soon as he turned upfield he was out racing everyone like a dragster vs minivan. even my wife who knows little about the vikings said. "wow, how'd he get so fast so quick."

Sherels - followed his blockers, and gave us a 2nd SP TD!! it's a straight up energy boost!! and prolly won the game for the vikes!

D wow.. just wow.. held Jonhson to 54 yards.. only.. 5 rec's. it was hard hitting, and some game saving turnovers. the 4th down sack by griffen.. what a gift.. unblocked!!! the front 7 held their running game to under 50 yrds, stafford never was in sync, his recievers got the droppies.. i believe they were wincing on the hits. winfield.. for the smallest guy out there he has a LARGE impact. Greenways hit although dumb penelty, i think caused some discomfort for Johnson.. all in all the D stepped up today, held one of the most explosive O's to short and not enoufs. and the hail marry.. no way in hell your gonna get the time needed with out front 4 (as that's all that was there). Hats off to the DC and his staff, between them and the SP plays is why we won this game!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

LIVike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    They were having success with the short, accurate passing game before, but it seems like they went away from it today. Maybe because Simpson was back... iDk. But they need to get back to it.
    Its because Detroit knew they were coming and played for it. On one of the screen attempts Ponder threw it right at the defender because he knew what was coming.
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Lots of good things from this game. I would say I am disappointed with Ponder and the passing game but the rest of the team looked pretty solid. The coaching has been good.
    I pretty much agree here.

I am impressed by Peterson coming back and being so strong.

I loved the Defense stepping up and shutting Detroit down series after series.

Special Teams was fantastic.

The O-line was solid.

Ponder was.....ummmmm......well.....Ponder was on the field and didn't throw any picks.

I spent years bagging on Jackson for riding the Defense and Peterson to victory...that's what Ponder did today.

111 yards passing. 3-12 third down efficiency. The vast majority of his completions were dink-n-dunk chip shots.

The Ponder-lead Offense was responsible for only 6 points. Special Teams and the Defense did all the heavy lifting.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Ponder, I'm simply being fair. It was exactly this type of play that soured me on Jackson. Ponder needs to step up and make plays if he is truly going to be the "Franchise" guy.

I thought some of the offensive play calling was moronic - quit trying the "cute" plays. We have a hard time making the basic ones work, let's not waste drives on trick plays that trick no one.

I thought the rest of the team did a GREAT job delivering a solid performance. Hats off to the D and Special teams. They get my "game ball" award.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I didn't get to watch much of hte game, but from what I did see and from monitoring the pbp, it's obvious we struggled passing the ball.

So much for having Simpson spread the D out. Did the D just stack the box and try and make us force it deep? It seems every deep shot was incomplete or a penalty on Detroit.

I"ll download the game and watch tomorrow, have my thoughts then.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ponder was.....ummmmm......well.....Ponder was on the field and didn't throw any picks.

I spent years bagging on Jackson for riding the Defense and Peterson to victory...that's what Ponder did today.

111 yards passing. 3-12 third down efficiency. The vast majority of his completions were dink-n-dunk chip shots.

The Ponder-lead Offense was responsible for only 6 points. Special Teams and the Defense did all the heavy lifting.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Ponder, I'm simply being fair. It was exactly this type of play that soured me on Jackson. Ponder needs to step up and make plays if he is truly going to be the "Franchise" guy.
    Agreed. But I don't think it we can or should start comparing him to TJ. He had a TJ-like game, to be sure, but unless it becomes a pattern I am not going to worry. I do expect to see him return to the level of play that earned him some respect in the first three games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ponder

Caine
    Same here. I was thinking through the game that it looked like the early Jackson games that were won by everyone but him and this was much the same.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast