Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Now that I've had some time to cool off. Yeah I get that Ponder is a rookie, but he's throwing more and more balls right to the defenders. As much as I hated Tjoke, I don't even remember him throwing as many easy pick nor as often. And like IBP mentioned there were another 3 or 4 picks that were dropped. And we're not talking about tipped balls or defenders making great plays, most of these were right between the numbers. I've convinced myself that maybe it's because he's just getting more and more confident and thus taking more risks. I think he should keep starting, but I hope the benching wakes him up and brings him back down to earth. He doesn't have the cannon he thinks he does so he needs to be smarter about where he puts the ball.
    It's the same argument that was had after the draft when a certain nameless somebody was claiming Ponder was so good because he was able to change his throwing motion when he got hurt and still be successful. The thing is, what worked in College, does not work in the pros. The worst player on the field in the NFL was still a great college player. You just can't do the things you do in College in the pros and expect it to work (Unless you're Cam Newton and somehow Tim Tebow)
    I wasn't sold on Gerhart and thought he should be moved to FB, but he's had 2 solid games in a row now. If he hits the hole at speed he's getting 5+ every time, but if he stutter steps or hesitates at the line he's toast. I thought maybe Booker should've replaced AP, but not anymore lol. Good grief 2 fumbles on his first 2 carries and we had the balls to give it to him a 3rd time later?
    I actually agree. Gerhart has looked good the past two games, but you're absolutely 100% right on when it comes to his running style. He's a guy who needs to pick a hole, and put his head down. He can not and should not be dancing in the backfield trying to wait for something to develop. If there's no hole, go low and get to the LOS.

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468
    Donovan McNabb is available!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Donovan McNabb is available!
    OMG we're idiots for not signing him.

  4. #24
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    881
    I think Musgrave should game plan by taking into account players weaknesses as well as strengths.
    The O-line can't even give Ponder time for a five step drop so Musgrave should start with a lot of short quick passes mixed with runs. Once that is successful he can start mixing in some play action and longer passes.
    The offensive coordinator needs to put Ponder in a position to be successful and stop letting teams tee off and pound him. He's going to get shell shocked and ruined like Carr did playing for the Texans if were not careful.

    Ponder continues to make the rookie mistakes such as forcing the ball into coverage and not looking off his receivers. He still needs to throw the ball away more than he does. And many of his throws are late, suggesting he doesn't see the receiver coming open soon enough.
    Many of his rookie mistakes are compounded by lack of protection.

    His aggressive, try to make a play, nature is an important part of the rookie learning curve that leads to a lot of interceptions but is crucial to development, and is experienced by most good quarterbacks at the beginning of their NFL careers.


    Loadholdt has had enough time. I think he's a bust. He's huge yet he's not a roadgrader on run plays and is too slow to be a consistant pass blocker. I know we have a larger need at left tackle but Loadholdt doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over Ryan Cook at this point.

    I think it's time to get Webb a lot more playing time at wide receiver. The season is lost. Jenkins is hurt. Let's use this time to see if Webb can become a legitimate receiver.
    He can still be the backup QB, but now is the time to define that receiver role.

    I will say this for Frazier, the players still seem to be trying hard to win despite being on a crappy team with a terrible record.

  5. #25
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    That last play was on Joe Webb. I know we would like to say it wasn't but....
    1) He should have thrown the fade as he had a 6'5 TE on a shorter CB and in perfect position for the fade.
    2) He fumbled the ball before the facemask.

    Outside of that, great game Joe.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    980
    Wow. Les Steckel here we come. Did anyone mention are secondary is the worst I have ever seen? Seriously, how are guys getting so open against our secondary? Some of these plays they are open by ten plus yards. Huh? Who is coaching these morons?

    Linebackers had a descent game for a change, although Detroit let their foot off the gas I think. Ponder obviously had a horrible game, and as for me, I think he can't get any lower than last game and has only up to go from here on out. Loadholt is a complete waste of oxygen, I swear he is wearing lead shoes. He is going to get our QB killed if this continues for much longer. They are going to carry Ponder out on two separate stretchers if this continues.

    Toby had another solid game, and seems to be getting better with every snap. He's a north and south type runner and nothing more...he needs to be used as such. Lower the pads and hit the line hard(though he may have to run over our linemen to make a hole).

    Booker sucks. Ced sucks along with most of our secondary. Percy is who we thought he was. A monster. Arom is starting to get better and better.

    We need Blackmon. We need a new defensive coordinator. Musgrave has called some good games lately, and if it weren't for some bad execution, he would be looking a lot better as far as coordinator goes.

    My only goal for the rest of the season is to see the Pukes lose.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  7. #27
    MossMems is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    That last play was on Joe Webb. I know we would like to say it wasn't but....
    1) He should have thrown the fade as he had a 6'5 TE on a shorter CB and in perfect position for the fade.
    2) He fumbled the ball before the facemask.

    Outside of that, great game Joe.
    Actually it was more on Toby for missing his block.

  8. #28
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    There is really nothing to say except the OL and Secondary is holding this team down.

    More proof that it is talent.....

    LT Charlie Johnson remembers Lions bringing extra man off the edge, tried to stave off both instead of taking inside or outside angle.

    Twitter

    "Ultimately I think thatís what screwed it up," he said. "I try to do something, maybe slow one down to get to another. It didnít work out"

    Twitter

    Oh and did you see Hutch get bull rushed multiple times. I bet Marrdro wants to consider that a coaching problem as well. *rolling eyes*

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    Actually it was more on Toby for missing his block.
    Yup that was a terrible attempt.

  10. #30
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Wow. Les Steckel here we come. Did anyone mention are secondary is the worst I have ever seen? Seriously, how are guys getting so open against our secondary? Some of these plays they are open by ten plus yards. Huh? Who is coaching these morons?

    Linebackers had a descent game for a change, although Detroit let their foot off the gas I think. Ponder obviously had a horrible game, and as for me, I think he can't get any lower than last game and has only up to go from here on out. Loadholt is a complete waste of oxygen, I swear he is wearing lead shoes. He is going to get our QB killed if this continues for much longer. They are going to carry Ponder out on two separate stretchers if this continues.

    Toby had another solid game, and seems to be getting better with every snap. He's a north and south type runner and nothing more...he needs to be used as such. Lower the pads and hit the line hard(though he may have to run over our linemen to make a hole).

    Booker sucks. Ced sucks along with most of our secondary. Percy is who we thought he was. A monster. Arom is starting to get better and better.

    We need Blackmon. We need a new defensive coordinator. Musgrave has called some good games lately, and if it weren't for some bad execution, he would be looking a lot better as far as coordinator goes.

    My only goal for the rest of the season is to see the Pukes lose.
    Apparently Frazier agrees. Cedric benched after Titus TD in the first. Sanford continues to be 2 steps too late all day long. Gives a lot of good reasons in this article though...It was Ced's fault, it was Asher's fault.

    Notebook: Cedric Griffin benched, hints at asking Vikings to cut him

    Sapp, Asher Allen and Sherels backed up by Sanford and Page.....scare the bejesus out of anyone trying to throw into that group. I think Sanford & Son and Aunt Esther could do a better job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •