Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Lions post game thread

Well, that was interesting.

Seriously- no facemask call? How much more obvious does it have to be?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Crazy game,Props to "Gerald"Allen,Harvin (this kid is dynamite) and specially Webb,give the kid a chance next week!.
    El underdog.

Tom Richards is offline Waterboy

8 losses within a TD!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Yea that pretty much sums up the vikings season. Webb should have picked up the blitz and threw the ball away regardless of the facemask call. 2nd down maybe run a draw and give the O-line a chance to pound it in!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Certainly pissed about the no facemask call, but this is seriously f'ing ridiculous that we keep managing to choke, piss, fail, or shoot ourselves in the foot with the game on the line. It doesn't matter how, it doesn't matter the situation, we always find a way to LOSE! It's been so bad I was even trying to think of how we were going to screw it up this time. Unbelievable!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

+1

I'm sure we'll hear in a couple days about how they missed that call. Which is complete horseshit. If that had been Tom Brady instead of Joe Webb, the Lions player would have been tossed from the game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Rough game for young Christian. Maybe the hip is making it difficult to make the throws. He is also late/behind on a lot of his throws, but that is typical for a rookie QB. He will pick up the speed of the pro game as he developes.
    Webb looked like our own version of Tebow. May as well let Ponder's hip heal up and play Webb a few games.
    I am one who ripped on the hiring of Musgrave as our offensive coordinator, but the last few games I have thought the playcalling has been pretty good overall as far as the offense is concerned. The plays seem to be there.The execution, on the other hand has not been good. Far too many dropped passes, poor route running, mis-communication between the receivers and the QB, and the freeking turnovers.
    Defense looked pretty good today. Can't blame them for the point total.
    Special teams,(outside of Harvins return) did not look special at all today.
    I was pretty bummed out by the loss, but it keeps us in the hunt for the best left tackle coming out in next years draft. Add to that a good chance of getting a starter out of the early second round pick and a loss is easier to take.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Ponder is getting worse, not better. Thats really sad, you like to see rookies improve. Gotta wonder what hes thinking when he throws some of those passes.

I dont think anyone wants to see Webb as our QB, but he was exciting to watch.

Toby missed that block at the end of the game, but how can you not call the facemask? How could every ref miss that? I know its only the Vikings to them but come on!

Fraizer has taken a bad team and made it worse. While the rest of the division marches on. The Packers look untouchable. Rogers looks unstoppable. And we have Ponder...and Webb....

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Ponder is a rookie, and he is hurt. No sense throwing in the towel already. He will be a good QB for us for a long time. He just had a bad game.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

July 4 1776 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    Ponder is getting worse, not better. Thats really sad, you like to see rookies improve. Gotta wonder what hes thinking when he throws some of those passes.

Toby missed that block at the end of the game, but how can you not call the facemask? How could every ref miss that? I know its only the Vikings to them but come on!

Fraizer has taken a bad team and made it worse. While the rest of the division marches on. The Packers look untouchable. Rogers looks unstoppable. And we have Ponder...and Webb....
    To say ponder is getting worse is just silly. Still playing very average yes, but he threw for 380 yards and 3 tds last week. Yes webb almost got a win but so has ponder and mcnabb this year. Webb is not the answer and starting him at qb only slows down his progress as a wr and ponders progress as a qb. Besides the hard part isnt getting the interceptions down its getting the tds up. Hes throwing the tds now all he has to do is work on getting his ints down and we have ourselves a starter. Also it would be nice if he had a line and recievers, althought with ponder starting percy actually looks like he can be more than just a slot guy
    AP AD

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post

He isn't getting worse. Teams now have tape on him and they are exploiting his weaknesses.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast