Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Linehan Presents: ESPN's so called "Worst Play of the Y

Title says enough...it really does hurt to tune into ESPN and see this crap, let alone the fact that we lossed.

Aside from that I have a question. Where were Burleson and Wiggins all game? How about that number 2 receiver we picked up in the offseaon? How about the guy that averaged the most yards per catch last year in the NFL...you know Kelly Campbell?? I just dont get it...when Moss is out all of these guys ( esp Burleson and Wiggins) stepped it up and proved they were great players. Now that Moss is back, none of them get any plays called for them...is that Linehan or Daunte's fault? If they are doubling Moss, that should leave some nice looking coverage for the rest of our guys, correct? Wiggins was our leading receiver when Moss was out...where was he today? I just dont get why Linehan cannot incorporate all of our talent into a cohesive plan. Its a shame..we should have the best offense in the NFL.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

i think that linehan should fly me up there and let me sit in the box with him. every time he didnt run the ball or calls a stupid play i could clock him with a tv showing that play over and over.lol. i have been calling for his head since the giants loss. his play calling in that game was unimagitive at best. when we have been up in a game he crawls in a hole and pretends that the game is already over. and i agree, where the hell has wiggy been the past month? i know we all are excited that the freak is back but cmon.......he is what he is, a player, not the coord!!!! here is the way it should go, run the ball, and then when you think you have run the ball enough to satisfy everyone, run it some more, and then run it some more. and the short dinks to wiggy, n8, etc. are jsut like runs, and if it isnt there, RUN DAUNTE RUN, lol i know it must be exhausting to come up with a game plan that works, but isnt that what he gets paid for? and tice took up for linehan, and linehan admitted that was a bad call. well good for him,but i got a newflash for linehan, YOUR SECOND HALF PLAY CALLING IS THE WORST. it was when you were at the raiders and aint nothing changed JACK

yeah really..it seems like the O plays the first half and the D plays the second

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

First of all, my question about Linehan is why did he abandon the run? It was working so well to begin the game and it just suddenly stopped. No more calls. Kelly Campbell got quite a few looks today. He had 2 deep balls thrown to him that I know for sure. He really doesnt have any other threat. Also, the 'Hawks have good corners in Taylor and Trufant. Being upset that Burleson got shut down isnt a big deal. I believe that the blame belongs squarely on the shoulders of both Linehan and Culpepper. I know this is a shock to you Viking fans because you believe Culpepper has been making good decisions...I do believe Culpepper has made significant strides in his decision making, however they are not great decisions. Whenever this team gets down, Culpepper likes to go for the Home Run right away. He stares down receivers, especially Moss. I know Moss is an absolute force to be reckoned with, but it just seems that the Vikings aren't utilizing their weapons correctly thus altering the decisions of Culpepper. Ive said this before and I will say it again, the only thing holding this Viking team back from a Championship caliber team is their coaching staff. This staff is terrible. Im sorry, I dont want to be a "Viking Basher" but I think this team has some serious potential. There is no reason why the Packers should be in first place after a dismal 1-4 start. If management was smart, this would be Tice's last couple games.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

Excuse my french, but FUCKING AMEN to that brother! And you know something is wrong when i totally agree with a Packer fan. Cheers to the Packers, hope you guys take the division and this time knock off the Eagles at least. Cause the Vikings sure dont deserve SHIT! :angryfire: Costly fumbles, stupid decisions by a pro bowl receiver and retarded time management and playcalling by the coaching staff have cost us to many games. I really hope Vikes loose the rest of there games so we can get some decent draft choices. They dont even deserve to be in the playoffs this year.

WaltzingMewelde is offline Training Camp

its getting to the point where it is embaressing to be a vikings fan. I live in Boston, home of the 12-1 Pats who happen to have a brilliant coaching staff. I must have heard the same question 50 times yesterday: 'How could they make that play call?' When they see dumbfounded look on my face its followed up with a comment on how this team is better than the coaching allows them to be. McCombs is crazy if he allows Tice to coach this team next year.
    SKOL!!!!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Linehan is to the Vikings what Joey Harrington is to the Lions. So much talent on the field and just one lousy **** controlling it.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

JWalk...I agree with you 100%. Sometimes I question Culpepper, but mostly I question he coaching. You pretty much nailed it on the headin your post. And Big C...pretty good analogy. If we got either Greg Williams or Romeo Cromell we would be awesome!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"Moss did not comment, but Linehan said he thought it was a good call at the time.

"Not now," he clarified. "At the time it was."

In hindsight, Tice said it was a call he also would like to have over again, but he refused to second-guess his offensive coordinator. "

not now, but at the time it was.......... what the hell made a frist down on the 20 with 2 minutes to go the right time to try that play??????

get linehan out of here.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I agree totally poult. There is no way with the talent on this team, that we should not be able to average 30 - 35 ppg.
    Linehan must go.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast