Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Linehan has faith in Frerotte

[size=13pt]Linehan has faith in Frerotte[/size]

Scott Linehan coached Gus Frerotte for each of the past five seasons, and he said the Vikings made a good decision to bring back the veteran quarterback.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
    startribune.com

Last update: April 13, 2008 - 11:46 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Linehan has faith in Frerotte

Yes, I agree. I think that Frerotte - while not being John Elway in his prime - is definitely an NFL caliber starting QB, and he should be allowed to compete for the starting QB job !! :

Our QB position should not be set in stone and already given away. If Tarvaris is better, let him prove it.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Yes, I agree. I think that Frerotte - while not being John Elway in his prime - is definitely an NFL caliber starting QB, and he should be allowed to compete for the starting QB job !! :

Our QB position should not be set in stone and already given away. If Tarvaris is better, let him prove it.
    No way, at least not any more i really wouldn't feel comfortable having Frerotte as starting Qb
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

So you feel comfortable with Tarvaris at QB, after his performance in the Washington game last year, when all we had to do was win one game at home to make the playoffs ?? :

Tarvaris blew us up in that game, with his "throw off my back foot" passes and non-reads, and throwing into double coveraage. No thanks !! Bring on some competition at this position, please !!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    So you feel comfortable with Tarvaris at QB, after his performance in the Washington game last year, when all we had to do was win one game at home to make the playoffs ?? :

Tarvaris blew us up in that game, with his "throw off my back foot" passes and non-reads, and throwing into double coveraage. No thanks !! Bring on some competition at this position, please !!
    Give the guy a chance, it was his first year, every new QB in the NFL makes a good amount of mistakes, if he does it this year then he is done. And im sure we are going to draft a QB to be 3rd of the depth chart, so if tjack messes up next year, we might have a replacement.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I blame that game on that crap substitution call

Im just peeved cuz thats one of the few Vikes games i've gotten to go to...

Would you honestly be more comfortable with Frerotte starting, Tjack is young and is still learning, he has a a lot of potential, he can only go more up hill from here, i don't think Tjack will get worse at all, just depends if he gets better.
    On the other hand, there's Frerotte, who's old, isn't a very good QB (but a very suitable backup), and will not get much better, he's only going to slow down.
    Tjack can improve and get better, Frerotte will not get better or improve much due, mainly, to his age...not much of a chance will Frerotte at the helm to go anywhere, atleast Tjack is young and can improve with experience IMO.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:

There u go again... just blame everything on Tarvaris

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

There u go again... just blame everything on Tarvaris
    [size=20pt]LEAVE TARVARIS ALONE....HE IS TRYING TO DO HIS BEST[/size]

lol

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Give the guy a chance, it was his first year, every new QB in the NFL makes a good amount of mistakes, if he does it this year then he is done. And im sure we are going to draft a QB to be 3rd of the depth chart, so if tjack messes up next year, we might have a replacement.
    although i partially agree with the "give the guy a chance" crowd, but if there's a better guy, why shouldn't he play?
    If TJ sucks it up and Frerotte plays well, why shouldn't Frerrotte play?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

although i partially agree with the "give the guy a chance" crowd, but if there's a better guy, why shouldn't he play?
    If TJ sucks it up and Frerotte plays well, why shouldn't Frerrotte play?
    If that occurs where tjack gets pulled and ferrotte does well sure, go ahead keep ferrotte in, but theres no reason right now for people to want tjack benched

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast