Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linebackers?

Linebackers?

I say we go after DJ or Williams. If we go DJ we would have to pick up WR some where in the draft. If we got Williams we would have to sign a vet. linebacker.

slowlow is offline Rookie

Linebackers?

dj

Angryviking is offline Starter

Linebackers?

Even if we got dj, i still say we need a more mature LB... unless we get terribly lucky and he's the next Ray Lewis... could get lucky but i'd rather bank on experience
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Linebackers?

I honestly don't think we are done with LB in Free agency, Kieth Newman is not as bad as SOME people say he is, he's great off the edge and he plays solid ball, not spectaculaur but good solid football. I hope he's a guy we resign for depth or if DT has a mental collapse. I still have very high hopes for DT, i think he's gonna be an animal.

The june 1st cuts (i think) could leave us with some options, i've heard rumors of guys like sam cowart (who has played for cotrell practicly his whole carear) could be released. So there may be some other veteran LB's to add to the puzzle. I still don't understand letting CC go. I thought that CC, EJ and Nap would be a great LB crew but they let him go, then they go and f'n OVERPAY for sharper who's 29 and some say he's on the decline, BUT NO we let CC go whos 26 and playing great football, if anyone can answer that question fill me in.

Linebackers?

CC didnt want to be an OLB anymore so he left which is sad I thought we had for awhile he started coming around and made big plays which helped out henderson.

JLDII is offline Rookie

Linebackers?

I've been lurking around here for awhile and decided to sign on to the board and jump in for the first time. :salute:

IMHO, I don't think DJ will be around when we pick at #7. He is the best choice for LB's this year, and all the other decent LB prospects are underclassmen, which does't offer any more of a chance to contribute to the D this year than any of the LB's we already have.

I'm optimistic that this last season was a good education for our young LB's and look forward to improved play from them next year.

Without getting too far off topic here, I think we are going to end up with Williams at #7, and either of the DL Cody kids at #18, preferably Shawn from USC. At 6-4 and 292 lbs, he can play spot duty off the edge as a DE with his good speed, and on obvious passing downs, move into the tackle slot, which is where he played his college ball last year, and give P-Will a breather. P-Will is good, and I'd like to see him in there every play, but he is older, and with the question of our LB's coverage, it would be good for us to have that speed on the rush.

I could go on, but I'll take it to the right thread!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

Linebackers?

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    CC didnt want to be an OLB anymore so he left which is sad I thought we had for awhile he started coming around and made big plays which helped out henderson.
    Thats the thing dude, he said he WOULD stay and play OLB for us but if it was the right price, Why not sign him to a one or two year deal, we have the money, throw in some incenitives and its all good. He did want to play MLB but was quoted saying he would stay at a price to play OLB for the Minnesota Vikings. He was willing, thats something that some fans are not aware of.

Linebackers?

Really CC could become a fart in the wind if we get someone like Jay Foreman or Sam Cowart and they come in and play great football. I could also forget about Sharpers high salary if he comes in and has a couple more pro bowl seasons.

Linebackers?

I was not aware of that I dont know what went wrong then. When Moss was traded I was excited to see our linebacking core that was with CC on it and now I dont know.

Angryviking is offline Starter

Linebackers?

Was Claiborne a FA or did we get something for him when he went to the St. Louis Rams?
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast