Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linebackers?

Linebackers?

I have been thinking about our linebacker crew and who will be starting. Right now it seems to be E.J. Henderson at middle linebacker, Napoleon Harris at strong side, and Dontarrius Thomas at weak side.

Now I ask you this, how is this any better than our LB crew last season? We pretty much switched out Chris Claiborne for Napoleon Harris. Both about the same talent wise in my book.

As many of you know, our LB's got absolutely torched last season. Teams would throw over the middle of the field relentlessly where our LB's were supposed to be in coverage and they didn't seem to have a clue. It doesn't matter how good our secondary is, the CB's and safeties can do little to nothing to stop the over the middle stuff.

So will we draft Derrick Johnson in the draft? Or will we pick up another good free agent, if there are any left? Right now I feel as if the defense has improved in the secondary, but the LB's and even the D-line is pretty much the same. I know the draft is coming up, but how much do rookies usually make an immediate impact with the team?

Thoughts?
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Linebackers?

I think we might possibly do both but I think we might be upgraded a little with experince.

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Linebackers?

i think we will draft DJ if hes there that being said
    i think we hope that EJ and DT can develop over the offseason
    also i think Pat Williams will help plug up the line hopefully helping EJ and DT well all the LBs in their reads by giving them a little more time hopefully they will start to develop into the players they could be
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

Linebackers?

we are one of the most athleitc linebackers in the leauge.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Linebackers?

Well, our overall D is better.

We got Pat on the line.

KWILL is a dominant force and Udeze hopefully has matured and will show his improvement.

The LB's know they have a good secondary behind them.

Just my thoughts, I am not by any means an analyst.

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Linebackers?

I completely agree ultra with a better D surrounding them the LBs have a better chance to excel in my opinion
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

Linebackers?

I think Harris should play Middle Linebacker, when he was drafted by the Raiders he started at MLB and was named Rookie of the year, then they switchd to a 3-4 and the put him outside and he's stuggled the past couple years adjusting. Putting Henderson at the weak side would help hide his lack of speed, And Thomas is going to be a stud, so cut him loose. Harris is a good pass cover LB and would work good in the middle. With an improved Defensive line and shut down corners and two of the best safeties in the league. We will find out quickly that we were a little hard on our LB core the past few years.
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

Linebackers?

I think our Linebackers are fine maybe lack a little experince but they will be fine now that was have a decent d-line and secondary.

snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

Linebackers?

Remind you of our '98 backers a bit? Ed mcdaniel in the middle, and alot of speed in the other two spots, although very young, Rudd and Wong. All I can remember is Madden saying how fast our linebackers used to be. This puts us in a bad spot though.

So if DJ and Mike williams or Braylon edwards are available. What do we draft? I know the odds are that wont happen, but it could. Do we improve the O, or do we get the best linebacker prospect in awhile....

We really need EJ and thomas to mature this year if we want a good chance. Pat williams and K williams will definetly recquire at least one of em beind doubled. THat will open up and let our linebackers do their thing. They just need to quit overpursuing and make the plays.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Linebackers?

I would really like to see Raonall Smith stay healthy this year (i know its a long shot). He played well last year before the concussions. Wouldnt that be a nice surprise?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast