Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Line up for Kool_aid here.

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Its all the mental game. As the announcers said many times, Cully is seeing all new coverages. Burley is afraid of losing his starting spot. The defense has not geled. AND injuries are STILL haunting us, Birk out, our DBs in and out of the game, then they jsut make the big play once we put in B-Dubya because he has the tendency to...well...to not cover the ground that he is standing on. But there is ONE thing that could cure it all. The darn O-line...If they hold, the running game takes off, daunte gets time, the defense stays off the firld for a while and gets rested...and its a whole new game.

When talking about confidence....it means nothing. Remember last year? When we had an awesome record...where you confident? Yes. Do you think the GB fans were confident after their start? No, they were walking our of the games at halftime...and look how it all turned out (other than us whooping them in the playoffs). Its 2 games in, and we are actually fortunate! With how things have worked out, we could be tied for the division lead next week still, is that a blessing or what?????

Stay optimistic guys. It's a long season.
    Good post man that could very well be what happens and thats so true of GB last year when they started off garbage.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Its all the mental game. As the announcers said many times, Cully is seeing all new coverages. Burley is afraid of losing his starting spot. The defense has not geled. AND injuries are STILL haunting us, Birk out, our DBs in and out of the game, then they jsut make the big play once we put in B-Dubya because he has the tendency to...well...to not cover the ground that he is standing on. But there is ONE thing that could cure it all. The darn O-line...If they hold, the running game takes off, daunte gets time, the defense stays off the firld for a while and gets rested...and its a whole new game.

When talking about confidence....it means nothing. Remember last year? When we had an awesome record...where you confident? Yes. Do you think the GB fans were confident after their start? No, they were walking our of the games at halftime...and look how it all turned out (other than us whooping them in the playoffs). Its 2 games in, and we are actually fortunate! With how things have worked out, we could be tied for the division lead next week still, is that a blessing or what?????

Stay optimistic guys. It's a long season.
    Good post man that could very well be what happens and thats so true of GB last year when they started off garbage.
    GB gets better later in the season due to Home Field Advantage. Also, GB didn't start out this bad last year. And what says the Vikes ARE going to be good later in the season??

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

am almost glad that Fox decided that instead of showing the Vikings game, they showed Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Any chance Buffy plays center?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    rather start slow and come on strong than fade like the last two years.
    This slow though?!? :roll:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:

Slow is one thing ... this looks like quicksand to me.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:

Slow is one thing ... this looks like quicksand to me.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I was at the game. Man, I hung my head in shame and finally left at the start of the 4th quarter. I couldn't take it anymore.
    I have never felt so embarrassed and dejected in my life..and so upset.
    I said to a few diehard Vike fans before the game that all we hear about is how Birk's absence has blown up our offensive line. Well, my fellow Viking fans, if one person makes that much of a difference we are in big doo-doo. Sure, it's a problem but the Viking problems run much deeper than a hurt center. MUCH DEEPER!
    I don't pretend to have all the answers but I think the blame has to start at the top with poor game planning, poor motivation, poor...
    Am I ready to panic? YOU BET! I say we sacrifice the season and get rid of Tice and pick Fassel up for the rest of the season or someone with some head coaching experience and let's really see what's up. Heck, let's bring Bud Grant back for the rest of the season. :???: Sure, we'll lose four in a row but we'll probably do that now. But maybe we can make a mid-season run. I sure as heck am not happy the way things stand now!
    Those outside rushes that our offense couldn't block were pitiful. I don't know how much they showed it on TV but it happened from the beginning to end and we had no answer for it. PITIFUL!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

I have the Nike shoes in my trunk to pass out, along with the Kool aid!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    At least starting quickly ensures we win some games. It seems Tice has started his midseason slide early this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

i Agree on the starting slow, but its not like we're losing 18-17, we're gettin man handled. We need to pick up the pace and have a .500 record heading into the bye week, or else, we're gonna push the panic button and feel like we're always with our backs against the wall. Bring on the saints and lets get a DUB-U!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast