Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KansasStateViking is offline Training Camp

Liking other sports teams more than the home team

I have lived in Kansas my whole life, and cannot stand the Griefs! I went to the game in the dome last year and it was great. I had all my friends talk sh*t before the game, but noone would answer their phone afterwards.

Also am a SF Giants, and Toronto Raptors fan does that answer your question. :rr:
    "Ain t nothing but 10 grand. What s 10 grand to me?" - Randy "Moonman" Moss

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Looks like I am not alone in picking out of home state teams as favorites. The rest of my lineup is Yankees, Sixers and Canadiens. Yankees because I started watching when Ron Guidry won his Cy Young, Sixers because Dr. J is my all time favorite and Canadiens because they have the history and also because Cajuns originally came from Nova Scotia (which is part of Canada) so I had to pick a team from up there. I used to root for the North Stars until they got moved to Dallas (BOO!). It killed me that they won a title after they moved there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well i live in New Mexico so i really dont have many choices, Of course i'm a vikings fan but i like the T Wolves also, I'm a Suns fan but i have lost a lot of interest because they never keep there players around. I hate Baseball and Hockey. But nothing beats the Vikings, Football is the sport i live to watch, nothing compares to football.

Does anybody else hate when the season ends as bad as i do? I feel like what the hell am i gonna do without football. But i also realize that if it was year around it would get old.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hell no, it wouldn't get old! But the players would get old alot quicker with the constant pounding.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Foreman44 is offline Starter

I grew up in Green Bay, yes .. that's right!
    My earliest memories of the NFL were 1971 when I began watching football (I was 7 years old) I NEVER liked the Packers although I can now appreciate the small town charm of them and their fan base and a city that truly revolves around that team and that team only. Lambeau was (and I imagine still is) a great, great place to watch a game.
    That said, I was first a Los Angeles Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, and New York Giants fan. The Rams had the old blue and white uniforms and helmets back in '71 and people like Roman Gabriel, Deacon Jones, Jack Snow, and Lance Rentzel. The Chiefs had a great, great team back then. I also took a liking to the New York Giants because of a one, Fran Tarkenton. The next year he moved onto the Vikings and they were the only team that mattered. I have been an ardent and die hard fan ever since. Living in Green Bay and being a Viking fan was a pretty unforgettable experience. I later moved to California and remained a Viking fan. Then onto Seattle and still a Viking fan in Seahawk land. Now in Portland.

Baseball: I liked the Baltimore Orioles, California Angels, and Milwaukee Brewers in the 70's but stopped following and watching baseball pretty much in the mid-80's. There were a lot of great teams back in the 70's though .. the 3 above and then the A's, the Reds, and the Red Sox, etc ...

Basketball: I have been a fan of the Trail Blazers since the early 80's. Also a big fan of the Seattle Supersonics since the mid-80's although lost interest in them in 1999 after George Karl's reign. With basketball I guess, at least I was close to both of my favorites.

Other than that though, I am no stranger to liking teams that are not "the home team"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12