Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Liking other sports teams more than the home team

Does anyone else out there like another sports team more than the home team?

Now before I get flooded with angry replies, I am not asking anyone to sell out the Vikings.

That being said...I actually sold out my "home" football team, the New Orleans Saints, in favor of rooting for the Vikings. I started watching football when I was 5 or 6, so I naturally started to root for the team that I was first introduced to. I had just moved to a new neighborhood and met a girl who was a year older than me (ahh, older women) and she happened to be a Vikings fan. Always a sucker for a pretty face, I naturally followed wherever she led me and she led me straight to the Vikings. I soon became a huge fan of Fran, S. White, Ahmad, and the Purple People Eaters D. It has now been 35 or so years since I first became a fan and I haven't given up on them yet (and probably never will). Don't know where the girl is though. Just proves that football and beer will always be there for you.

Just one Super Bowl win and all of my faith in the Vikes will be justified. I hope that this year is the year that my dream comes true.

GO VIKES!!! WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I live in Chicago, does that answer your question?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

I believe you shouldn't be forced to like a team just because you are from that area. I hate the Cowboys fans, organization, and pretty much what they are all about. I personally like going for the "underdog". I started following the Vikings over 10 years ago, and will always be a fan!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I have been a fan of the VIKES and only the vikes as long as I can remember. I grew up in Minnesota, but moved to the dreaded state of Wisconsin with my girlfriend after college! My loyalty will never end for the vikes!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Well I was a Hawks fan when Dominquce(sp) Wilkins played for them, but the wolves were a new team.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

i live in ca, but i am a lakers fan

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

i live in pennsylvania and all my favorite teams are out of state. vikes braves pacers and avalanche
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Baltimore MD

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I'm up in minny, I like the Philly Flyers hockey team though. Even though I now have a strong hate for the Eagles. I used to be indifferent on any team other than hating the pack and loving the vikes, but philly made my bad list with a combo of the fans, the players, and the result of the game.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hey Neo, I also am a lifelong Cowgirls hater. I lived in Dallas (Mesquite and Plano) for three years. Fortunately, those three years were 1-15, 7-9 and the last year was when Barry and the Lions ran all over them in the playoffs. Of course, the year that I left Dallas, they ended up winning the first of their three Super Bowls in the 90's (Grrrrr!) I enjoyed hearing the silence from the Cowgirls fans during my stay there though. The Dallass fans are the biggest fair-weather fans in the NFL.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast