Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Lewis new HC for the Vikes?

I'd have to say that i think we only need a new OC.. our D is playing into
    the schema's they wanted these guys in. they have gelled and understand exactly what T.C is looking for in them..

as for the offence. we need a new OC.. that's about it.

our scouts and gerneral talent searching guys have done well for us.
    look at our drafts in the last 3 years. no real bombs in it. and wait till we see what Troy has under that hood!! i'm hopin he's a mock 4 WR that just make saftey's cry when he lines up.

as for tice.. if he can prove he's got the guts to push these guy sto the playoffs past say round 1.. i'd keep him.. and make sure he keeps moving forward.. if that means bring in some guys for consulting.. bring um in..
    but why remove the head of a monster that just woke up?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

SamDawg84 Guest

i want billick!!!

Big C is offline Coordinator

I'm sorry but I don't see the appeal in Brian Billick. Yes he was our OC during our monstrous years but I think he had the personal (Moss, Smith, Carter, Johnson/Cunningham) to do that.

Baltimore signed him to build that kind of offense. Still, after all these years, high-round draft picks and free-agent moves, their offense still stinks. You cannot look at that offensive roster and even say that the offense looks good on paper (unlike Detroit).

That is a red-flag to me.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"audioghost" wrote:
    I like what Cottrell has done with the defense....everybody's dissing Cottrell but our defense is playing insane these days...now that these guys gelled, I wanna see what Ted can do next year with these guys playing together like they are now from the start of the season.....
    Yo ghost I'm not tryin to debate with ya but I think the D is playing for Tice and to spite Ted I really dont think that he is doing anything
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    I like what Cottrell has done with the defense....everybody's dissing Cottrell but our defense is playing insane these days...now that these guys gelled, I wanna see what Ted can do next year with these guys playing together like they are now from the start of the season.....
    You do realize that the improved Defense is NOT a product of Ted Cottrell's great coaching, but rather a product of Mike Tice stripping out all of the overly confusing similar coverage plays that Cottrell crammed into the Defensive playbook, right?

Cottrell's critics in both Buffalo and New York said that his schemes were too complicated. That's why his Defenses continued to plummet...year after year after year after year...until he got fired.

Tice went into the "D" meetings and stripped away all of the gibberish from Cottrell's "brain child". That eliminated the confusion on the "D" side, and allowed our guys to play faster and with more confidence.

THAT is why our "D" is playing better. Cottrell has nothing to do with it. They are playing better in spite of having a lousey DC.

We don't need a new HC...we need a pair of REAL coordinators. Unfortunately, we'll probably keep Cottrell around because, like many here, people think HE is the reason the "D" is better. As long as Tice (or his replacement) keeps their thumbs on Ted, and doesn't let him overcomplicate matters again, we might do alright. The end result is that we'll keep muddling through with a sub-standard DC.

Caine

Hey Vikes2611... It's Jimmy Johnson, and I agree that he would be a very good head coach. Especially with some of the defensive personel the Vikings have aquired.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

I say we take Ron Rivera or TIm Lewis as our head coach and get Jim Fassel as our oc. If we get Ron Rivera, we will run the cover 2 so he could get someone from tampa or even Chicago to become our defensive coordinator.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234