Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Lewis new HC for the Vikes?

Lewis is not gonna be much different from Mike Tice.

I say we bring in Brian Billick

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Lewis new HC for the Vikes?

"TARKenton" wrote:
    We dont need another HC in training. We want a proven coach. someone who has head coaching experience
    Good luck on that request.

Proven may be hard to come by.

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Our new coach?

TIM LEWIS ON SHORT LIST FOR VIKINGS GIG

Word around the league is that Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis is on the short list of potential head coaching candidates for the Minnesota Vikings.

We know, we know. The Meathead has done well over the past six weeks, turning a pathetic 2-5 squad into an 8-5 contender.

But the stink of the first seven games remains, with the Vikings still at minus-40 in the points scored versus points allowed comparison. (The 3-10 Packers, in contrast, have scored as many points as they have allowed.)

And the stench from the team's horrendous start goes beyond the field. Owner Zygi Wilf is regarded as a man of high moral character, and the concern is that the Meathead's involvement in a Super Bowl ticket scalping scam and his ultimate authority over the team that spawned the Love Boat scandal has sealed his fate, regardless of how the team finishes.

Lewis is attracting Wilf's interest because Lewis currently works for the Giants, the team that Wilf followed for most of his life before buying the Vikings. And although we've heard some negative feedback regarding Lewis's past performance in job interviews, other folks around the league have a very high opinion of Lewis -- and some think he's destined to become a head coach in the 2006 hiring cycle.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Our new coach?

I want to stay with Tice or get the defensive coordinator from the Eagles. I can't think of his name off the top of my head but he seems to be a great coach IMO.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Oh man I hope not.. Just stick with a proven coach.. Weather that is Tice or any other coach with a HC job under his belt.. No coordinators to see if they pan out

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Keep Tice and bring in a good offensive coordinator. Draft wisely and I think we'll be at the top of the heap next year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Oh man I hope not.. Just stick with a proven coach.. Weather that is Tice or any other coach with a HC job under his belt.. No coordinators to see if they pan out
    Good point. It does seem as if this team was put together to make a championship run within the next few years. Not to wait for a coach to develop.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

tice wont get fired. we are winning the superbowl, remember?
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    tice wont get fired. we are winning the superbowl, remember?
    Good point man. Why would Wilf fire a Super Bowl winning coach? I don't know why I let that slip my mind.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I would hope that Wilf is thinking about more then just hiring a coach from his favorite childhood team if he isn't I will be very uncomfortable with him choosing our front office.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast