Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Lewis new HC for the Vikes?

KFFL
    Vikings | Lewis a candidate? - if Tice gets fired
    Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:12:54 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis' name continues to be tossed around the league as a possible head-coaching candidate. Multiple league sources have tied his name to the Minnesota Vikings. Current head coach Mike Tice has done a great job in turning the team's 2005 season around, but he's not guaranteed of keeping his job. Owner Zygi Wolf could still fire Tice and turn to Lewis and former Giants head coach Jim Fassel as candidates.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Lewis new HC for the Vikes?

We dont need another HC in training. We want a proven coach. someone who has head coaching experience
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Again, just another rumor started by some sportswriter trying to stir up a controversy.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TARKenton" wrote:
    We dont need another HC in training. We want a proven coach. someone who has head coaching experience
    Thats an awkward one as, potentially, some of the 'proven' coaches available will have been fired from their present or previous jobs due to poor results.
    One advantage with taking a current coordinator is that they have experience that will assist them in making that move up. One thing that worked against Tice when he was made HC is that he had none of that experience at all - only his position coaching background. That meant he had a double whammy to cope with and has a lot to do with some of the mistakes that he has made - such as the Randy ratio etc
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Big C is offline Coordinator

Add the cheapest and most inexperienced coaching staff to that and it became a triple whammy for Tice.

I think he took a lot of steps in the right direction for being a coach this year. I think he deserves one more year. If we make the playoffs this year, that would be 2 out of 4 seasons where he took us to the playoffs with the lowest paid coaching staff in the league. That ain't too bad considering what a lot of experienced coaches are going through this season. Also keep in mind that the Vikes are currently 8-5 without their starting QB and Center. The Jets, Bills, Steelers, Bucs (temporarily) all struggled/struggling without their starting QB.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    Thats an awkward one as, potentially, some of the 'proven' coaches available will have been fired from their present or previous jobs due to poor results.
    One advantage with taking a current coordinator is that they have experience that will assist them in making that move up. One thing that worked against Tice when he was made HC is that he had none of that experience at all - only his position coaching background. That meant he had a double whammy to cope with and has a lot to do with some of the mistakes that he has made - such as the Randy ratio etc
    Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll were both FIRED from their previous positions...would you say NO to either of them? :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Bill Belicheck Yes come to minny i say!
    Pete Caroll.... no..stay in college...he's much better there
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Lewis as our head coach?

Fuhgeddaboudit!

I tink we should keep Tice, yknow? He's grown and matured a liddle every year, an' he's a part of da reason we gots a winnin' record now, y'know? I tink he's wisein' up, an' anudder year would tell us exactly whut we need to know aboud 'im.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

I think Tice has proven this year that he can be a good HC. He is really progressing and starting to make better calls. Give it till the end of the season, but I say he will still have earned his job back at least one more year.
    Retired 12/21/08

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll were both FIRED from their previous positions...would you say NO to either of them? :grin:
    Probably wouldn't but that's with hindsight, how many coaches have been fired and proved to be useless when they have been signed by a new team.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast