Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Letting Darrell Bevell go a mistake?

although Bevell offense completely sucked in 06,07.10 in 2009 when he actually had a QB.. He had the 2nd best offense in the league. Bevell is supposedly a great offensive caller, its just he never had a good QB to call the offense. Seeing as Tjack couldnt handle a full playbook our offense sucked. in 2008 when TJack was benched for Ferrotte, our offense was great, then Tjack choked for us in the playoffs. in 2011, the seahawks had... Tjack starting at QB AGAIN, which means the offense sucked. Then in 2012, his offense is good again with a capable QB. I would imagine how the offense would look with ponder if Bevell was here. It seems Bevell is getting the job with guess who................

The Bears!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    The thing I like about Frazier least is that he was hired by the love child of Lord Voldemort and Ned Flanders, best known as Brad Childress.

So I was happy to see Bevell go. I'm certainly less happy about it now. Maybe, like everyone else around that infectious disease of a coach, he was held back. But at the time, I don't remember many people around here standing up for the guy.

Oh well.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    not a mistake at all
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    not a mistake at all
    agreed
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    although Bevell offense completely sucked in 06,07.10 in 2009 when he actually had a QB.. He had the 2nd best offense in the league. Bevell is supposedly a great offensive caller, its just he never had a good QB to call the offense. Seeing as Tjack couldnt handle a full playbook our offense sucked. in 2008 when TJack was benched for Ferrotte, our offense was great, then Tjack choked for us in the playoffs. in 2011, the seahawks had... Tjack starting at QB AGAIN, which means the offense sucked. Then in 2012, his offense is good again with a capable QB. I would imagine how the offense would look with ponder if Bevell was here. It seems Bevell is getting the job with guess who................

The Bears!!
    I hope he does go to the bears. I think they will hire Trestman though.
    He had the same QB in '10. how was that offense. I think we all agreed at the time the offense was better because Farve was changing it at the line.
    aaaaaand TJ sucked because of Bevell, not the other way around.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 01-15-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Bevell was worthless. I hope he goes to the bears and runs them into the ground. Not worried about this at all and don't miss him as our OC.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Meh.

Not the first time we had a Coordinator leave and find more success in the new job than they had here. Probably wont be the last.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    although Bevell offense completely sucked in 06,07.10 in 2009 when he actually had a QB.. He had the 2nd best offense in the league.
    While Bevell held the title of OC, he wasn't the one calling the shots on offense in 2006. That was Childress.

I recall threads here where this was discussed at great lengths. During 2007 was when Childress supposedly relinquished the play calling duties to Bevell. The system & the offense was still largely controlled by Childress.

Pacifist Viking: Viking News: Bevell calls plays, Jackson starts, Holcomb joins the team

In 2009, I believe Favre took matters into his own hands and called a lot of his own plays. He butted heads with Childress, not Bevell over the calls which were sent in which led me to believe Childress was still calling many of the plays & Bevell was merely sending them in.

I'm not stating Bevell was a good or terrible OC, but simply stating I believe alot of what we saw was orchestrated by Childress.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    was better because Farve was changing it at the line.
    You have to explain to me how this happened again. You know, the little things like, how did the Noodle change the player packages that were sent in with the plays? How did he diagram out his new found plays so that the player packages that were sent in with the plays knew what the new play was going to be to include, blocking schemes, routes to be run etc?

Come on my friend, you of all people haven't really bought into that which was spewed forth about the Noodle making it up as he went. The world just doesn't work that way.

A play (both a run and a pass) is sent into the QB along with the player packages to suite/support both options. The QB then makes a decision (helped by the C on most teams) based on his pre-snap read on which would work the best.

If thats what you mean, then yes, I agree, the QB made a decision like all QB's do but the great Noodle that he was, did not make it up as he went along.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'm still of the mind that ole Bevs called more plays than most of you believe on here. One needed to only watch what the Chiller was doing on the sideline to know that he couldn't scream at the ref, talk to the DL/DE/DB etc amid the other things he did, to call in plays after he turned it over to Bevs.

Now did he have alot to do with the actual game plan? Sure, just like he did on the defensive side of the ball.

For those that still don't agree with me, take a watch of the NFL FX they have on AD. Several time you hear him say something like, keep feeding it to him. That isn't play calling, thats giving the coordinator what he wants him to do.

Two different things to me and probably closer to reality that (again) most on here think.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast