Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lets talk a Little Defense

I have seen alot of talk about our QB, RB, LINE, WR, but can anyone bring us up todate on the BIG D, I don't have the local paper or news to find out and most of the websites are to baisc. so I was thinking (i know becarefull) :bom:

Can anyone give us some scoop or place to go to stay up to date :scratch:

:salute:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

This might seem a little rude, but I really don't put the Vikings in the category of having a "great defense". Perhaps, "improving", and maybe "decent" or "good", but certainly not "great".

And yes, I wouldn't say "great" about the Packer D either.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

The Vikes are definatly not in the "great" category. I'll give them "decent" right now.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

I think our offense is excellent, and D seems to
    be improving. We will see in shortly over a month,
    but great D is definately a stretch.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Our D is improving and will probably be better than it has in the last 10 years. It would be awesome if after the year is over we would be debating if this years D was better than the last year we had Dungy as our defensive cordinator!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

That is true but I would say our DC is great. Cottrell will really make a difference this year, he brings so much experience and knowledge and with a D as young as ours that is very important.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    This might seem a little rude, but I really don't put the Vikings in the category of having a "great defense". Perhaps, "improving", and maybe "decent" or "good", but certainly not "great".

And yes, I wouldn't say "great" about the Packer D either.
    Damn you know the last thing I want to do is agree with a Packer fan :!: But Los I have to agree with you on this. And it makes me feel dirty :!: Now I have to go and take another shower :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

The vikings still have the same crappy defense as last year. This is until tyhey prove everybody wrong this year. I truley believe they will be much much much better and have the potential to be very good, but until they show it on the field they still have the same crappy defense as last year.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah I'm not sold yet either. I really want to see a new breed of purple people eaters, but until they show me something to be excited about I will just stay excited about the offense. Love my team as they do, I have never seen them with a good defense in my career as a football fan. Right or wrong I will put this solely on the shoulders of Denny Green. He was much too concerned about our offense (which everybody does have to admit is GREAT) but paid no attention to our D... thankfully Tice has the insight to pay attention to both sides of the ball.

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Right or wrong I will put this solely on the shoulders of Denny Green. He was much too concerned about our offense (which everybody does have to admit is GREAT) but paid no attention to our D... thankfully Tice has the insight to pay attention to both sides of the ball.
    TNT I think you nailed it, Green did let his DC and DCC run to far to the wrong way (kind of Marshall Thing) before it was to late, But as a few have pointed out we have a young group of folks in and they all seem to be coming together, This for some players makes how many years together 2, 3 :?: and Unfortunatly LA is proably right, :silent: hence why we haven't discussed our D, and I agree this is proably a better discussion at the end or middle of the year :scratch:

But I really believe the team will surprise everyone for the next few years not just this one they have what it takes and from what you all and some of the websites you go to they seem to be clicking on all cylinders.

So I voted for the Players I think they are young strong have great backing and coaching staff enough so that if they "wanted" to shut down just about anyone they WANT key word ("WANT") DOWN they can but the coaches have to instill this into them they are the best F*ck the rest. (sorry :shock: ) if the Offense play's there game the Big D will Back it up... :cheers:

Thanks for taken the POll 8) but too help us stay informed :scratch: where can we go :?: anyone know any good sites for defensive information ops:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast