Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Anyone pause to consider our return yards are for squat because of poor special teams play with respect to blocking vice the guy actually returning the ball?

:
    Or how about the fact that Hicks seems to thinmk he can steamroll people over as he constantly runs right into the middle of the punt covereage.
    Or how about the fact that the other teams gunners force him to the middle so he just goes for positive yardage like any good PR is taught how to do.

:-*
    First and foremost stop blowing me kisses
    ;D
    Seriously, I've seen where Hicks has opportunities to go towards the sidelines but he always seems to go right to the middle.
    I don't know if that is him or what they are coaching him to do but it is something I have noticed and I've brought it up in other threads.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Anyone pause to consider our return yards are for squat because of poor special teams play with respect to blocking vice the guy actually returning the ball?

:
    Or how about the fact that Hicks seems to thinmk he can steamroll people over as he constantly runs right into the middle of the punt covereage.
    Or how about the fact that the other teams gunners force him to the middle so he just goes for positive yardage like any good PR is taught how to do.

;D
    Seriously, I've seen where Hicks has opportunities to go towards the sidelines but he always seems to go right to the middle.
    I don't know if that is him or what they are coaching him to do but it is something I have noticed and I've brought it up in other threads.

He doesn't have good vision

And most of the time he is too commited to go up the middle he wouldn't be able to bounce it out

I think the coaches are telling him to wait for a seam and try to hit it up the middle

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

;D
    I thought you like kisses..... ;D
    (was supposed to be the crying guy)
    :'(

To really see what is going on we need another cameral angle (from the top) but from what I can see the gunners are getting there alot quicker than I would like them to.
    I did see that our guys actually pushed a gunner out of bounds this Sunday.
    First I've seen that.
    Based on that, I believe our returners (if the ball is kicked to the middle) go up the middle.

Not sure how many you've seen that were kicked to the middle.
    Most of the time though I have seen the ball kicked to the sidelines (as its supposed to be) and our guys have very little option with respect to returning it other than to get positive yards.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

What happened to A. Allison??

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder whats with AA too

He is our best returned IMO

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

;D
    I thought you like kisses..... ;D
    (was supposed to be the crying guy)
    :'(

To really see what is going on we need another cameral angle (from the top) but from what I can see the gunners are getting there alot quicker than I would like them to.
    I did see that our guys actually pushed a gunner out of bounds this Sunday.
    First I've seen that.
    Based on that, I believe our returners (if the ball is kicked to the middle) go up the middle.

Not sure how many you've seen that were kicked to the middle.
    Most of the time though I have seen the ball kicked to the sidelines (as its supposed to be) and our guys have very little option with respect to returning it other than to get positive yards.

Sorry my good friend.
    I can't agree with you on this one.
    There have been several times where I have watched Hicks return kickoffs and I even told my wife, "Watch he will take this right in the middle".
    Everytime he went right in the middle.
    Hicks seems to think he can bowl people over instead of trying to find a seem.
    That's my opinion on this topic.
    He will never get past the 30-35 yard line because of this.
    When he does it's only because people mis-tackle.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Would we also get the guys from the jets who are blocking for him? If not ...

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    That's a good point Uff.
    All this talk makes me want to investigate more into this.
    I want to see how the team sets their wedge.
    I wonder if it really isn't the coach on this one.
    It just seems a buit crazy to me that the guy continues to go in the same place.

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

I like Allison too. He has the speed and the mindset. For example he bolts up to speed and keeps going after he has determined himself. Gaining those extra yardage every time it seems. Trying to cutback and make people miss will not do it when returning bcoz its too slow and the opposing teams will catch up with you.

IMHO

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Bingo........

Give that man a cigar.
    Why oh why can't people grasp that this is still a team sport.
    : ;D ;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast