Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    84

    Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    You think now that the New York Jets released Justin Miller it would be a good idea for the Vikes to sign him to be our kick returner?

    he hasnt played much at all this year but he is only 23-24 years old and he made the pro bowl once, and our special teams suck!

    He was amazing at returning kicks in the 2005 and 2006 seasons but then he got his job taken from him by Leon Washington who i think is the best KR in the league

    I dont really see it happening because he was arrested before for assaulting a
    woman at a nightclub, which does not sound cool at all but he actually swung at a male, but instead hit a woman because the man dodged his blow (lol i thought that kind of stuff only
    happens in movies)

    but we really need a kick returner

  2. #2
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    I would not be opposed

    He averages like 27 yards a kick return or something like that?

    He's crazy good at it.. Hicks sucks

    I don't see it happening though

  3. #3
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    http://www.nfl.com/players/justinmiller/careerstats?id=MIL366437

  4. #4
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    He also has to go through waivers so we may end up claiming him from that if another lesser team doesn't beat us again.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  5. #5
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    I hope so

    The weakest part of our team besides Gus Frerotte is our Special teams

  6. #6
    gr8vike's Avatar
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    509

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    What stands out for me comparing his stats to Hicks is this.

    79% of his KR went for 20+ yards compared to 68% for Hicks.
    12% of his KR went for 40+ yards compared to 4% for Hicks.
    3 TD off KR compared to 0 for Hicks.

    He seems more explosive then Hicks.

    Thanks PPE for the Sig

    Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

  7. #7
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    "WINchester" wrote:
    You think now that the New York Jets released Justin Miller it would be a good idea for the Vikes to sign him to be our kick returner?

    he hasnt played much at all this year but he is only 23-24 years old and he made the pro bowl once, and our special teams suck!

    He was amazing at returning kicks in the 2005 and 2006 seasons but then he got his job taken from him by Leon Washington who i think is the best KR in the league

    I dont really see it happening because he was arrested before for assaulting a
    woman at a nightclub, which does not sound cool at all but he actually swung at a male, but instead hit a woman because the man dodged his blow (lol i thought that kind of stuff only
    happens in movies)

    but we really need a kick returner
    Can anyone tell me why Andre Allison isn't returning kicks?
    He did return one last year.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

  8. #8
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    "gr8vike" wrote:
    What stands out for me comparing his stats to Hicks is this.

    79% of his KR went for 20+ yards compared to 68% for Hicks.
    12% of his KR went for 40+ yards compared to 4% for Hicks.
    3 TD off KR compared to 0 for Hicks.

    He seems more explosive then Hicks.


    Oh yah no doubt.. I don't need numbers to tell you Hicks is not explosive at all

  9. #9
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    "V4L" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    What stands out for me comparing his stats to Hicks is this.

    79% of his KR went for 20+ yards compared to 68% for Hicks.
    12% of his KR went for 40+ yards compared to 4% for Hicks.
    3 TD off KR compared to 0 for Hicks.

    He seems more explosive then Hicks.


    Oh yah no doubt.. I don't need numbers to tell you Hicks is not explosive at all
    I can't say I agree with you there. Hicks is explosive, but that's only in his first couple of steps. He, on the other hand, doesn't possess great speed. That's why he'll never take it to the house (unless he only has a 280 pounds lineman chasing him). Pretty much every defensive backs or even linebackers in the NFL will chase him down.

  10. #10
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Lets sign CB Justin Miller

    What makes u think he is explosive at all? I don't see it

    I see explosive as Dante hall in his prime...Cribbs.. Hester.. Justin Miller

    Hicks is not explosive at all IMO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bigfoot's Real! Lets sign him!
    By C Mac D in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 09:05 AM
  3. Vikes Draft Party PSA for Miller
    By supervman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 10:41 PM
  4. A truly sad weekend...the retirement of Reggie Miller
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
  5. Junior Seau? Jim Miller?
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 11:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •