Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lets be Realistic

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    yes it was Hooversham I was at the game as well. I was really surprised at how few of the fans really cared or even cheered for burnsy...maybe it was being in section 228 but no one up there seems to give rip :???:
    It's because Burnsie wasn't much better than Tice as a Head Coach...his mismanagement of the team after the Herschel Walker trade was a prime example. If you trade your future away for the one player that is supposed to lead your team to the Super Bowl, you had better play that player every single play that you can...offense, defense, special teams...heck, you should even have him bring out the water during timeouts, fercrissakes!!! Burnsie would sit Herschel out for plays at a time and didn't even use him as much as Dallas did BOTH times that they had him...the dude was in good enough shape that Burnsie could have left him in for almost every play!

Sorry...but I don't have any love for Burnsie...he wasn't a good coach IMO! He was like a PeeWee football coach that would rotate all of his players in so they could see the field or something...no great shakes!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I do not think Burns is most recognized for his head coaching as he was the Offensive Coordinator during our 4 SB runs.

His coaching record was not that bad either. Brought is to the NFC Championship game.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

cajunvike, I see your point and understand your frusturation but he still gave 24 years of his life to the Vikings, he must have done something right in his time here. From what I know about him he was a very good offensive coordinator and sure he didnt do a great job as our head coach but he still had 16 years with the Vikings organization in which he helped lead the Vikings to all 4 of their Superbowls

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Um I am not letting anyone rain on my parade. It was a beautiful game.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    cajunvike, I see your point and understand your frusturation but he still gave 24 years of his life to the Vikings, he must have done something right in his time here. From what I know about him he was a very good offensive coordinator and sure he didnt do a great job as our head coach but he still had 16 years with the Vikings organization in which he helped lead the Vikings to all 4 of their Superbowls
    I think he is looking at Burns as a head coach only. Not quite the whole picture! :razz: :razz: :razz:

:lol:

Big C is offline Coordinator

At least we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat. Would you rather we didn't do that and end up like the Pack? A win is a win in this league so I will enjoy my victory week while I can. I'll come back to reality when (and if!) we get blown out again. Thank you and have a nice week.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

6-KINGS Guest

I don't want to be realistic!
    I wanna be Spiderman.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

if being realistic is just focusing on the negative than reality really bites.

speaking of realistic you cannot expect us to mopping around when they win. at this point we'll take a victory anyway we can get it.

also we beat a division rival which always sweetens the pot.

Thanks Josdin

Prophet Guest

I agree that no matter how the season plays out I sure hope the coaching situation gets resolved. As far as reality goes, are we in reality now? I can never tell.

Del Rio Guest

Here's my reality check.

The Vikings started the season off horribly. The turnovers were too prevalent, the penalties were horrible, and the defense was confused.

Over the last three weeks I have been noticing small changes when I watch the games. Changes that suggest to me that this team is improving in all the unglorified, yet essential ways a football team should.

The AW speaking out could have resulted in one of two things. Make us better or break the camels back. We won. We got better, and this week we face a giant. It's a test boys and girls a test of where we stand as a team. You work your ass off on the little things and every so often you get to be tested on it. We may not get and A (win) but as long as we improve I am happy. Then you take what you have learned and prepare for the next exam.

To say oh we beat bad teams we still suck is further from reality then someone being overly opptimistic. You are tossing your nose up at a lot of sweat a lot of pain and a lot of progress.

We can beat the Giants no doubt in my mind. If I had anything worth betting I would bet it for the Vikes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast