Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Lets Be Realistic

Yes. I think we have a shot. But, realistically I feel that our best shot will the next year.

Del Rio Guest

Lets Be Realistic

Yes we have a shot.

The NFC is a mess it was last year and it will be again. It felt like the eastern Conference in the NBA it was a joke.

The key for us to win it this year is INJURIES. Lets not have any major ones.

Realistically yes we have a great shot at going all the way. Chemistry will be built in the pre-season. The majority of our team is the same the o-line is the same. Our rooks had a bumpy year and they are better prepared for the season. The new players will light a fire I am sure.

Gonna be a great show this year.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Lets Be Realistic

We were 2 wins away from the super bowl last year.we lost moss that takes away about 3 or 4 wins we got harris smoot will,sharper,taylor and well have a good draft so i think thats worth about 5 wins so well make it there and beat the ravens. :scratch:
    <!--
    sig -->

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Lets Be Realistic

the games we lost last year 34-31 without moss will now be 31-20 wins
    <!--
    sig -->

ElBarto is offline Starter

Lets Be Realistic

Right now we have as much as a chance of winning the SuperBowl as probably a dozen other teams. My realistic aim for next season is to get to the championship game and show signs of significant improvement.

As long as we get better each year I'll be happy, there's no rush for us to win it all straight away, we have a young roster that can only get better in time. :salute:
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Lets Be Realistic

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The NFC is a mess it was last year and it will be again. It felt like the eastern Conference in the NBA it was a joke.
    But the NBA Eastern Conference won the NBA title.

Del Rio Guest

Lets Be Realistic

Indeed.

But the Eastern Conference only had a handful of teams at or above .500 the west had a lot more, just like they usually do.

The Afc tore the Nfc up last year Teams with what would have been great records in the Afc sat it out while mediocre teams in the NFC played in the playoffs.

I think we have a great chance.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Lets Be Realistic

If the NFC sucks donkey balls again as long as we beat the eagles (and the F$#%ing Giants) we can easily be in the Superbowl.

Winning it's another matter.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Lets Be Realistic

All depends on how well the D plays...if they are top 10 or so, we could win it all...without a better than average D, we won't even have a chance...history doesn't lie!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Lets Be Realistic

"mark" wrote:
    the games we lost last year 34-31 without moss will now be 31-20 wins
    Without Moss, I think we will be getting more than one FG per game. Maybe more like 27-20 or 30-20 or better yet with the D, 27-16.

This is a good thread!

I think that the one thing that will complete this puzzle not to get to the SB but to get to the playoffs. What I mean is we need consistancy through out the year. Tice needs to be consistant, his decision need to be consistant and the players play needs to be consistant. The Piece that is missing right now is a KICKER. We must have someone we can count on. The K has to make 40-50 fg. We have to realize we may not have the luxury on offense that we had when we had Moss. I think that the O and the D will make Tice's job easier. But the Special Teams and especially the Field Goal Kicker will have to play better. When the coach knows what to expect from them that makes his job a lot easier. When the coach knows that when the O gets to the 35 yard line he can kick it without much worry, that makes his job easier. Less to worry about easier to concentrate on the game decisions.

I have no idea what our K and P will bring us this year but we will be utilizing field position this year. We need to get the most out of these to posisition.

Point related to the thread is that we can make the SB if we can be more consistant through out the year. We can content!
    We are like the AFC was before 5 years ago. It was wide open. Actually, it could be a change of gaurd in the AFC this year to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast