Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Carr has a much better arm, is a very good athlete with some speed , and a bigger frame. Mike Mayot , wrong spelling raved about what a nice ball he throws and how he has all the throws a great qb needs. I just wonder about Teddy's arm. It also worries me about Teddy seeming not being able to handle the moment at the combine. He then did the same thing with Gruden. Missed lots of throws. Just hope he's got the mental part of this down being a starting qb in the NFL.
    I hear you, those are the same reasons I was cautious too. I guess I'm willing to move on a lot sooner than I thought I would be in this case is all.

But then, I REALLY like Manziel, so if I got my way, I'd be quietly celebrating while others threw fits over the pick. Gotta love the NFL!!
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Unfortunately Bridgewater will more than likely be a bust, he has the same issues as Ponder: Decent short-medium accuracy, non-existent deep ball accuracy.

Our OL will have to step up and make sure his small frame doesn't get injured on every play. The guy is a toothpick.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Unfortunately Bridgewater will more than likely be a bust, he has the same issues as Ponder: Decent short-medium accuracy, non-existent deep ball accuracy.

Our OL will have to step up and make sure his small frame doesn't get injured on every play. The guy is a toothpick.
    Ponder would have worked if he could deliver the ball accurately with the play calling he was getting. They structured the offense around his small arm, and many of the plays that fell apart would have worked if the ball wasn't delivered behind... or late... or over the receiver's head.

HOPEFULLY Bridgewater, even if he does have the same small arm, can keep the accuracy we've seen from his college days. If he can, it will definitely be better than the Ponder era.

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Ponder would have worked if he could deliver the ball accurately with the play calling he was getting. They structured the offense around his small arm, and many of the plays that fell apart would have worked if the ball wasn't delivered behind... or late... or over the receiver's head.

HOPEFULLY Bridgewater, even if he does have the same small arm, can keep the accuracy we've seen from his college days. If he can, it will definitely be better than the Ponder era.
    No, Ponder is simply an awful QB. Unfortunately he was a product of a weak QB draft class and poor scouting, but he will never be a viable starter in the NFL. Sure, play-calling had a part in it, but he simply got rattled too easily and had zero long-ball accuracy. He'll be a career backup.

I said this the day he was drafted too... said it was my darkest day as a Vikings fan.

In regards to Bridgewater keeping his accuracy from college... sounds like he couldn't even keep his accuracy during his pro day, so I'm slightly worried about the big stage.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

CMac, your disclaimer says it all. Sorry bud. Comparing Ponder with Bridgewater is simply ignorant. After nutrition and weight room Bridgewater will be 225+. Let's not forget about his broken jaw or the guts he showed coming off the bench injured to beat Rutgers after L'ville being down 11. Besides, his deep ball is fine and I'd rather have a guy who can move it on third down.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    CMac, your disclaimer says it all. Sorry bud. Comparing Ponder with Bridgewater is simply ignorant. After nutrition and weight room Bridgewater will be 225+. Let's not forget about his broken jaw or the guts he showed coming off the bench injured to beat Rutgers after L'ville being down 11. Besides, his deep ball is fine and I'd rather have a guy who can move it on third down.
    The entire issue is one factor. If you do not have a big arm you must be able to let the ball go before a
    receiver is open. It's all about confidence in throwing to windows, ala Drew Brees. Ponder's problem is
    he just did not have the confidence to just pull the trigger. I hope Teddy has that. It does sound like he
    does possess that trait from what I have read. A good reader and goes through his progressions and
    does not stare receivers down. You just never know. With eight in the box as long as Adrian his here
    he's going to see alot of green out there. Hopefully with Turner at his side he will make himself a
    top 10 qb.. WE HOPE....

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Well, Ponder was in a much tougher division in college... and your speculation of a 225 lbs QB who weighed in at 180 last season is simply laughable. Not sure how you call someone else ignorant, but I suppose it takes a certain level of ignorance to do that.

You can say what you want, but don't be surprised if you're back on this site later in the season complaining about Bridgewater's play. He's going to get rattled very easily and won't be able to make the deep throws.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Well, Ponder was in a much tougher division in college... and your speculation of a 225 lbs QB who weighed in at 180 last season is simply laughable. Not sure how you call someone else ignorant, but I suppose it takes a certain level of ignorance to do that.

You can say what you want, but don't be surprised if you're back on this site later in the season complaining about Bridgewater's play. He's going to get rattled very easily and won't be able to make the deep throws.
    Bridgewater weighed in at 214 lbs at the combine.

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    Most Pro ready QB in the draft. Very accurate, good under pressure, moves well in the pocket, calls out protection schemes, tough when injured. I trust Turner on this one & I think Turner will be able to expand the play calls for this guy fairly quickly.

The dude is gonna thicken up, no one freaked out about Geno Smith last year, and he was just as skinny.

Well, in my opinion.

I'm not worried about his thickness or weight now, as I fully expect Cassel to be our starter for the 2014 season; so it's really the 2015 season we are talking about, right? If by the playoffs Teddy is still running around sporting a 28 inch waist, then we can start to panic.

At the moment, I'm not too worried.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast