Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    As with all these QBs, you either believe the talk or you don't. I've said before what bothers me about teddy is the college defensive players saying you can rattle him, and when you do, he makes big mistakes. That was on one of the NFL type shows on either the Network or ESPN, but no one argued with the player. The Vikings have had enough of those types of QBs... but if Turner and Zimmer think its's BS, then lets get him by all means.

The ONLY thing I'll be upset about at 8 is if we pick someone that really should have been taken later, except a QB. QBs you ew 4 just can't wait on, due to the unpredictability of how teams draft them. But if all the studs that deserve to be picked are gone by 8 and we do not go QB, I hope to GOD we trade back.
    This is opposite of everything that has ever been said about Bridge. In fact, a knock on him is that he doesn't get high or low. Shows no emotion. I mean her threw 4 ints in 2013... so i dont think "rattling him" worked.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    NFC Executive: Teddy Bridgewater is a "Fourth-Round Guy"
    WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill
    Wonder if that NFC exec was Jerry Jones.

The only thing that is clear to me is that when it comes to picking QB's, almost everyone is clueless.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Bridgewater will be a bust and the Vikings won't draft him. Book it.

Louisville is in an incredibly easy conference.
    Wonder why the kept him longer for a more extensive workout then?

It's Spielman. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. After all, he did want Ponder, resigned T-Jack, brought in McNabb & brought in Feeley in Miami to be the Dolphins franchise QB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I think the skepticism comes from a few things.

a) Small hands. Remember our last small-handed QB? Culpepper couldn't play outdoors or in the cold very well. In adverse conditions, bigger hands are best. He has to wear a glove to get a grip on the ball oudoors.

b) He considers Kentucky to be cold. I'd hate to see him outdoors at TCF in December if Louisville was too cold for him.

c) Poor showing at pro days. Pro day isn't really a good indication of whether a player will be good or not. Some guys with great Pro days become huge busts (Jamarcus Russell and soon to be Manziel)

Ultimately, if he's there, I wouldn't be against taking him, but If Khalil Mack is there at 8, that's a no brainer in my opinion. Take Mettenberger or McCarron later on.
    Bridgewater's hand size of 9-1/4" is even smaller than the hand of the fumble machine known as Culpepper and Culpepper played indoors.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    he is a warm weather qb period .we will not be drafting him if we do then zimmer and spielman both got go next year ....i dout if this kid has ever been in the snow ....look where he played and grew up .nope it will be a bigger mistake than hiring frazier as head coach

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I think the skepticism comes from a few things.

a) Small hands. Remember our last small-handed QB? Culpepper couldn't play outdoors or in the cold very well. In adverse conditions, bigger hands are best. He has to wear a glove to get a grip on the ball oudoors.

b) He considers Kentucky to be cold. I'd hate to see him outdoors at TCF in December if Louisville was too cold for him.

c) Poor showing at pro days. Pro day isn't really a good indication of whether a player will be good or not. Some guys with great Pro days become huge busts (Jamarcus Russell and soon to be Manziel)

Ultimately, if he's there, I wouldn't be against taking him, but If Khalil Mack is there at 8, that's a no brainer in my opinion. Take Mettenberger or McCarron later on.
    Bridgewater's hand size of 9-1/4" is even smaller than the hand of the fumble machine known as Culpepper and Culpepper played indoors.
    Kaepernick 9 1/8, Tannehill 9. Doesn't seem to be an issue with them.

Lets be REAL! The Vikings Will Select Bridgewater

No Bridgewater ,take the best player on the board .
    None

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    The hand size does concern me a bit, but not as much as some of you guys. His hands aren't abnormally small...a quarter inch less than average. Garoppolo's are the same as his, Carr's and Murray's are both an eighth inch shorter, and Bortles' are an eighth inch bigger. In his 3 years at Louisville he had 1, 5, then 3 fumbles on the year...not sure but I think that's about average. Cold affects all quarterbacks and I don't get the assumption that it'll affect him any more. Lots of QB's played high school and college in warm weather. Seems to me most QB fumbles happen because the QB is not aware of a DL on him and doesn't tuck soon enough. And EVEN IF he does end up fumbling a little more, I think his lack of interceptions will make up for that.
    Another assumption I keep hearing is that his ceiling isn't as high as some others, as if he can't improve like they can. It's like being so polished and a hard worker is a bad thing. But really what is it that makes a great QB? What is it about Manning, Brady, Brees? It's between the ears for sure. And even they needed some time in the NFL before they got to be as good as they are. No, he's nowhere near them, and chances are he won't get there (like any other rookie) but he's closer to it than anyone else in the draft. They're all gambles but he's the one I would gamble on.
    He gets it on the field. He knows how to read a defense and knows where to throw the ball. He moves around the in pocket and doesn't lose his composure when linemen are around. He's accurate. He's awesome on 3rd down because of his decision making. Yeah his deep ball might not be as good as some, but it isn't bad either. I'd much rather take the guy who knows when to throw the deep ball than the guy who (most of the time) throws it a little better.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    Gruden says Manziel first Bridgewater will be an nfl quarterback eventually.
    Gruden also says that Aaron Murray will be the steal QB of the draft.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Kaepernick 9 1/8, Tannehill 9. Doesn't seem to be an issue with them.
    Neither one of those QBs play in Minnesota either. Big difference when your playing in freezing weather. GB and Chicago included.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast