Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Lets not overreact about our D yet guys.

I thouht the D played well, they could have used a little more pressure on Vinny, But We went into a foolish Prevent before the half and the big kick off return other than that we stopped them good!!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

I cant believe u guys.... with all of the injuries that we had and since we had alot of second year players and rookies, I think our D did great for the first time... And i dont hear anyone talk about our run Defense! they had three runningbacks trying to get yardage and if u add up all of it they still didnt get 100 yards rushing (i think it was around 80) So by no means do i think that are D was bad. But if i had to agree with anything it would have to be the cushion we kept giving... And that stupid deep pass at the end of the half. But think of it like dis we acyually dont skrew up on the prevent d and then the score would have been 10-35 and that sounds alot better.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    I thouht the D played well, they could have used a little more pressure on Vinny, But We went into a foolish Prevent before the half and the big kick off return other than that we stopped them good!!

I hate the prevent D :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: the only thing it prevents is you from winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The biggest thing that stood out for me was how we gave up alot of 3rd downs. We would hold them pretty good the first two, and then we would let them convert 3rd and 18, or 3rd and 11 or 3rd and 10. It got better in the second hald but still, we need to play tighter on 3rd downs. That was the main reason the ahd that 9minute-21 play drove on us in the first quarter.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The biggest thing that stood out for me was how we gave up alot of 3rd downs. We would hold them pretty good the first two, and then we would let them convert 3rd and 18, or 3rd and 11 or 3rd and 10. It got better in the second hald but still, we need to play tighter on 3rd downs. That was the main reason the ahd that 9minute-21 play drove on us in the first quarter.

Yeah, here is the difference in this years D and that D of the last few years. They may have played bad in game one(not to me, but to some people), but we did things that can be fixed. The last few years our D has been bad, because of lack of talent and we couldn't really do anything different and fix it during the year. This year, we have the talent, just need to make some adjustments and we will be fine.

UkViking is offline Rookie

I think in 2/3 games time,the D will be alright and will keep improving.Towards the end of the game they seemed more up to the task and finished pretty strong.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345