Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Lets not overreact about our D yet guys.

No i think a lot of people overreact is how much yardage we gave up to a team that supposidly isint very talented on offense. SUre we didnt give up more points then we are supposed to but giving up 420 something yards to an unproven offense is totally unaccepable whether or not they attemp 50 passes and have a huge o-line.

Im kinda worried for next week as mcnabb looked good today and could be lighting us up next week.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    You gave up 17 points to 47 year-old Vinny Testaverde, who needed Geritol IV's at halftime, and it could have been more if not for the questionable turnover as they were driving.
    Questionable to who? It was shown from a couple different angles and it was a clear fumble. Winfield hit him with his helmet and knocked it loose.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    You gave up 17 points to 47 year-old Vinny Testaverde, who needed Geritol IV's at halftime, and it could have been more if not for the questionable turnover as they were driving.
    Questionable to who? It was shown from a couple different angles and it was a clear fumble. Winfield hit him with his helmet and knocked it loose.
    Well, duh. It looked questionable to a biased Packer fan.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

He is 41 not 47 and with the protection he got I could have possibly completed some passes and I am 49.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey guys . . . back in the States just in time for football! The D didn't look too bad against the 'Girls (considering their f'n huge O-line). The only thing that killed me was that 25 second touchdown before the half (crap prevent--did you see Tice give an ear-full to Cotrell?). That, and the special teams coverage was suspect. Who would've thought Old Man Mort' would've made that tackle on the kickoff? Overall, not bad . . . do need to watch the defensive holding though . . . come on! Kind of soft coverage on the receivers (yards are better than touchdowns). The D was actually pretty solid in the Red Zone--that's what matters the most.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

"LAVike" wrote:
    Hey guys . . . back in the States just in time for football! The D didn't look too bad against the 'Girls (considering their f'n huge O-line). The only thing that killed me was that 25 second touchdown before the half (crap prevent--did you see Tice give an ear-full to Cotrell?). That, and the special teams coverage was suspect. Who would've thought Old Man Mort' would've made that tackle on the kickoff? Overall, not bad . . . do need to watch the defensive holding though . . . come on! Kind of soft coverage on the receivers (yards are better than touchdowns). The D was actually pretty solid in the Red Zone--that's what matters the most.
    Gald you made it LAVIKE,
    from what I could see by the play by play cause I can't see or hear anything... the second quater touch down by Dallas was due to a pretty bad kick come on 44 yards... that put them in the right spot to drive 1'25" to a touch down...I said this to the cowbaoy fans who were on the site our D just needs time only in the secondary the D line and LB corps look pretty dam good for the first time out of the block after a game or two these guys get settled in Kattie BAR the fricken doors...our secondary was not on but when need they were there maybe they were playing to lose Granted but the need to get it togther back there as the next team was looking good when it came to air delivery...

The D look great for the first realy game this year it is only better and better from here...

Let hope no Injuries MOST of ALL

what did you all think of the O-man smith not bad if I may say so my self
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

You guys have to remember Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the game ( Vikings, Kansas City). Probably the best left side in the game. So we did o. k. for the first game. We will get better but it takes time. We really have two rookies starting at LB in Henderson, Thomas. I know Henderson played last year but he is really a rookie IMO. And as far as LOS telling us about our team let's see what happpens tonight. I have a feeling LOS won't be saying much tomorrow!!!!! ale:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

The D got better as the game went on, especially the D-Line, mainly because of K. Williams returning to the game. As long as Williams stays healthy, as well as everybody in the secondary, I'm not too worried.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

With Irvin going down and Williams knee not being 100% (saw him limping a few times during the game), I think they went to a lot more zone thatn we have seen in the preseason and they were giving bigger cushions than we have seen.

I hope that with a week of practice and hopefully getting some more help that they will be able to get back to a more agressive type of D.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

See my opening post for response

Yeah I read it.

I never said they wouldn't be good at the end of the season.
    They weren't impressive last night.
    We might have the toughest scheduel in the league.
    So I hope they get better fast, because that looked like normal Viking D-fense. And we all know what normal Viking D has done for us in the past.

Why have we traditionally lost against crappy teams in the past? I think it is because the D gets pumped up for the big games. That turns our "C" into a "B" and we get by.

When they stay at the "C" level we will not go anywhere period.

I was hoping to see something that would make ME personally believe that our D is better. It's been a long off season and I just wanted a bone thrown our teams way in the D category.

Probably unrealistic expectations considering the situation, but I won't sugar coat the fact I feel they played poorly

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast