Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lets not overreact about our D yet guys.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Geez, some people need to understand football a little better. Understand that d's with this many new faces, isn't gonna come out and play well right away. I wonder how many of you guys, who say our D sucks, were watching the pats in week 1 last year, when the bills did whatever they wanted to them? I believe they still won the super bowl and had a great D last year, right?

Give the D some time to jell and learn to play together, before you say they suck. Look at the difference in the 1st half and 2nd alone. We got a lot better in a half, and will continue to improve every week. I would rather be improving every week, than play our best D to start the season, like we did last year.

We have 4 new starters and a new D coordinator, lets give them some time, before we say they are the same old vikings D.
    Agreed with u 120% percent dude. People are freakin out but damn we only gave up 17 points and caused some turnovers. Very well said bro.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Lets not overreact about our D yet guys.

You gave up 17 points to 47 year-old Vinny Testaverde, who needed Geritol IV's at halftime, and it could have been more if not for the questionable turnover as they were driving.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    You gave up 17 points to 47 year-old Vinny Testaverde, who needed Geritol IV's at halftime, and it could have been more if not for the questionable turnover as they were driving.
    Lets see you stop Steve Smith tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"LosAngelis" wrote:

We gave up 17 points, 7 coming after a 62 yard kick return and 7 more coming from the stupid prevent D.

Also the fumble wasn't questionable. Winfield knocked it out with his helmet.

And I hope your not going to talk crap about our D LA, when you know very well that the packs D isn't gonna be that good this year.

Del Rio Guest

Time is something that we don't have. Not in this league.

The D didn't stop Dallas, Dallas stopped Dallas.

If any of you have watched Viking games for any ammount of time, and I know alot of you have you know that this is how the D looks all the time. A frickin 5 yard pass turns into 16 and the cushion is way out of control. If they lay it out and go for a score they got it.

It's just not going to cut it. We wont put up 35 every night. And if that game was 14-17 in the fourth I have no confidence that our D could save us and that's what it boils down too.

A new system with some new faces for sure. And I'm not writing them off for the season I know they will get better, but for this game tonight right here right now. Nothing has changed.

If this D was out there against Arizona it would have been the same result.
    Not writing them off, not being a hater but if that was a better team out there we would have lost.

If we are playing to win our division that may get us by, but to beat the Eagles, Panthers, Colts, or any other team we will need our D to get better.

And we will.................

But the comments I personally made were about tonight, and you can throw the score out there, but the pressure was bad, the blitzes were easily picked up, and the cusion was rediculous.

You can't be saying your D line is going to cut throught the oppenents O-line all week and then when they don't, turn around and say oh well they are one of the best O-lines.

We won, we will get better. I'd just like to see some serious aggression I know our guys can keep up with almost any WR why play around?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:

If any of you have watched Viking games for any ammount of time, and I know alot of you have you know that this is how the D looks all the time. A frickin 5 yard pass turns into 16 and the cushion is way out of control. If they lay it out and go for a score they got it.

It's just not going to cut it. We wont put up 35 every night. And if that game was 14-17 in the fourth I have no confidence that our D could save us and that's what it boils down too.

A new system with some new faces for sure. And I'm not writing them off for the season I know they will get better, but for this game tonight right here right now. Nothing has changed.

Not writing them off, not being a hater but if that was a better team out there we would have lost.

If we are playing to win our division that may get us by, but to beat the Eagles, Panthers, Colts, or any other team we will need our D to get better.

But the comments I personally made were about tonight, and you can throw the score out there, but the pressure was bad, the blitzes were easily picked up, and the cusion was rediculous.

You can't be saying your D line is going to cut throught the oppenents O-line all week and then when they don't, turn around and say oh well they are one of the best O-lines.

We won, we will get better. I'd just like to see some serious aggression I know our guys can keep up with almost any WR why play around?

See my opening post for response.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:

I see what you're saying but look how many rookies and second year players we have on our defense. It's a young group. They will continue to improve.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Lets not overreact about our D yet guys.

BUt Jones is HORRID!!!! ale:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Geez, some people need to understand football a little better. Understand that d's with this many new faces, isn't gonna come out and play well right away. I wonder how many of you guys, who say our D sucks, were watching the pats in week 1 last year, when the bills did whatever they wanted to them? I believe they still won the super bowl and had a great D last year, right?

Give the D some time to jell and learn to play together, before you say they suck. Look at the difference in the 1st half and 2nd alone. We got a lot better in a half, and will continue to improve every week. I would rather be improving every week, than play our best D to start the season, like we did last year.

We have 4 new starters and a new D coordinator, lets give them some time, before we say they are the same old vikings D.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

The one thing nobody is mentioning is that Kevin Williams did not play alot in the first half (upset stomach). The second half when he played alot the D-line got better. Dallas has 2 pro-bowlers on that line, Larry Allen one of the best ever and Adams and with Williams being sick made it only easier for them.
    Los Angelis you have been pretty cool on this site and I thought there is a good packer fan, then you have to go and say something only an ignorant cheesehead would say. There was no question at all about either fumble, the guys who fumbled did not question them, Parcels did not question them, nor did the play by play guys on the TV, the only one who see's it as questionable is yoou.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:

We gave up 17 points, 7 coming after a 62 yard kick return and 7 more coming from the stupid prevent D.

Also the fumble wasn't questionable. Winfield knocked it out with his helmet.

And I hope your not going to talk crap about our D LA, when you know very well that the packs D isn't gonna be that good this year.
    :-) Ain't talkin' smack...just taking the middle ground between the "Our D Sucks" naysayers, and the "Our D is Just Fine" Pollyannas. All I'm sayin' is that you did an okay job against a marginally good offense.

And, no, I'm not gonna talk too much smack until I see our own D take the Panthers to the house a couple of times. :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast