Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Lets look on the bright side

Why don't you read some of my posts before you judge. Your walking a very narrow fence Core & teetering on the wrong side.

If you're here to stay introduce yourself in the "Free Beer" thread, otherwise there are a couple of Packer forums you can go visit.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Back to the "Bright side"------Here's my prediction. Viking fans are going to have to "suck it up" for the next couple of years. I think it's a foregone conclusion that the coaching staff is gone. BUT, I also believe we will see many roster changes as well. I am not a salary cap expert, but, I do know that enters into the equation---but, I would not be shocked to see major changes.

And Zygi, do the stadium right!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    There are a few bright spots but I personally think this game broke our hearts. We still have a shot at the division we still have players that will get go to the pro bowl. (Kluwe and Pat Williams) We still get to watch Moore and Williamson develop into good players. I am sure later in the year our team will start gelling together.
    That is a good point. It is something to look forward to. I hope Pat gets the attention he deserves. Sometimes it is hard to be seen as a probowler on a non-playoff team.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Right now it is hard to look for a bright side, I guess I got hopeful after the 2nd half of the Green Bay game that we could right this listing ship. But it looks like that is not possible at this point (I hope I am proven wrong), but it is hard being a Viking fan of over 35 years to see us struggle so when the season looked so bright coming out of the preseason.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Big C is offline Coordinator

The season is not over but does look bleak. If Dante was playing at his pro-bowl level this season and he got injured, the season is down the drain. Sadly he was not. So his play was probably slightly better than Johnson's this year. Losing Dante is a big blow though never the less.

Anyway, the only bright side I can think of is finding out if our WRs are any good? Was it just Dante not seeing open WRs or are they just not capable of getting any separation? A few weeks with Johnson should answer that question. So far, Marcus Robinson has been the only effective WR (which I must admit suprised me). Burly, where are you?
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I'm not a negative nancy, but I kinda dont wanna go to playoffs without pepp, this guys are leader! I love this team, and we're stacked full of talent. But I gotta be real with myself, and I cant see us doin that much this year. We'll learn alot from this year.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Pirate is offline Training Camp

Here is my version of the bright side......
    Brad Johnson being a pocket QB will hopefully chew some butt if the O-line doesn't step up and keep a pocket for him. Anyone who questions his tactics can have a looksee at his ring. Creativity counts. :lol:
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.

Winston Churchill

mrviking28 is offline Starter

We only have 3 more games away on grass and only one of those three (Giants) has a winning record (the other two being GB and Baltimore).
    We have been getting our cans whooped by very good teams (well maybe not Chicago). We can still win this division at 8-8. Sure we wont go anywhere in the playoffs if that happens but it would still be nice to rub it in GB Fans faces!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

its really ahrd to be positive now, but this was my plan after the bears game. beat the packers, lose until week 10, win week 10 against the giants, and then win the rest. that should be enough for the division.
    We're bringing purple back.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm not a negative nancy, but I kinda dont wanna go to playoffs without pepp, this guys are leader! I love this team, and we're stacked full of talent. But I gotta be real with myself, and I cant see us doin that much this year. We'll learn alot from this year.
    It would be a boost for the rest of the team to be putting something good together on the field. To get some consistancy and win the division even with a crappy record. A win is a win.

Look at it this way, DC and Birk aren't sitting there wishing this team fails. Part of the team is part of the team or you shouldn't be on the team.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast