Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Let's hear it for the new O!

"jimmymac" wrote:
    Whatever ultravikingfan,

I'm not looking for CREDIT, just here to praise the Mighty Viks!

Kick me as a Troll. :twisted:
    Not kicking, just jabbing based on earlier threads and posts of yours. I have a good memory.

I will say this, if we would've lost this place would have been a madhouse. But, we won and everything is quiet, very quiet.

You have good intentions, I am just saying we have already started the praise.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    I was really surpised at how well Bennett ran the ball. Lets hope he can keep that up. If he does are season might be able to get turned around. We did so good today because of our running game.
    Both Moore and Bennett look good when the line is blocking like clockwork.

Moore looks better when the line isn't blocking well.
    AND
    Bennett looks better when they are blocking well.

J-Mac, as far as the Giants are concerned, we have reason to be hesitant going into that game. The Giants have been playing well the last 5 weeks and we haven't, plus we lost our starting QB, not excuses, just the facts. I don't even think it has anything to do with the previous match ups, that may make it a bit worse mentally. We are all hoping for a Giant slaying but I for one am not going to start trashing them when we haven't proven we can win back to back games this year.

We weren't suppose to beat the Kitties according to the line and other experts. So we should feel good about that atleast. I also bet we aren't favored to win against the Giants. I would like to see an upset. We owe those Cooney Offensive Cog Kinks Septum Upper Crunk Kickers Ear RingS a real beat down.

As far as my thoughts on the Running Game, the O line better follow a similar routine to what they did today leading up to the game. Few Penalties and Good protection when not running the ball. O line all the way Baby!

My thoughts on Brad is that he has instilled some confidence to the WR on our team that may have been doubting themselves thinking that they couldn't get open or something like that. I remember what Brad said that was quoted in the papers, "I must get the ball into the hands of the PlayMakers." That he did today. You win some (burlesons td-not perfectly thrown) and you lose some (T-roys bobbled almost td-perfectly thrown).

My thoughts overall on the Offense(let's hear it for the O), our game stats looked very similar to the Lions, but I don't see anyone clammering about how good the Lions offense was, the main difference is we didn't turn the ball over as much. Look at the stats if you don't believe me. Can someone explain this?

Positives: O-line, Offensive Momentum, Opportunistic D, early start, built an early lead.

The way our offense looked today (especially the 1st half) was what I believed it was going to look like all off-season. While I still want to give it a couple more weeks to see if it lasts, I think Brad brings something that Daunte didn't have (and vice versa). I don't know what that is specifically, I think it may be a few different things, but in any case, I liked what I saw and I think Brad helped to spark that. I hope we keep improving...
    Even babies know the difference.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

brad did exactly what i thought he would do with the offense to help us win. i know he is doin better then daunte did. but i still hope daunte comes back to us healthy and better then ever in his game.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think the difference is Brad Johnson. In listening to the game I really noticed the difference in the way the announcers called the game.

It was "Johnson takes the snap drops back and throws to Burlson, complete for 8 yards." With Daunte it was, " Culpeper takes the snap and drops back, he looks left, he looks right, he looks left again, he is flushed out of the pocket, he scrambles, oh he is sacked. The tempo of our offense was just faster with Brad in there. It sounded like a normal game being called. The O just developed faster. Johnson can just read defenses better than CP. He recognizes it right away knows where the weakness is and goes for it. CP seems to have to watch it develop in front of him he doesn't sense it.

WWBGD

why did culpepper change so much from last year, and u cannot possibly blame it all on moss.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think the pressure of being anointed TEAM LEADER was too much pressure for him. He became too afraid of making a mistake and began taking too much time to make up his mind what to do when the ball was snapped unless he was just handing it off. Moss drew the attention when he was on the field and took some of the light and criticism that comes with being the leader off of DC. JMO. :wink:

WWBGD

Do you think he will be back and be better?

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Who knows, all we can do is wait and see.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with the leader points.

Culpepper is a better athlete than Johnson, but Johnson is a better leader and has more confidence than Culpepper. Maybe this is because he has less pressure and expectations too.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast