Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Let's get Smoot next year!

"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:
    parson george....before you talk you really should look to see who dewayne washington plays for and when the last time you actually saw him play...................Washington plays for Jacksonville now and is like the 5th corner on there team.......hmm that tells me he isnt good and isnt in Pitt
    BUT you just said Smoot was a top 5 corner.....I'm not so sure about that...

Winfield, woodson, bailey, rolle, sheppard, al harris....just to name a few..off the top of my head

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:
    parson george....before you talk you really should look to see who dewayne washington plays for and when the last time you actually saw him play...................Washington plays for Jacksonville now and is like the 5th corner on there team.......hmm that tells me he isnt good and isnt in Pitt
    BUT you just said Smoot was a top 5 corner.....I'm not so sure about that...

Winfield, woodson, bailey, rolle, sheppard, al harris....just to name a few..off the top of my head
    Except that Woodson, Rolle, and Sheppard are all average. Smoot is a top 5 corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Al Harris cant tackle, hes not a complete corner, he doesnt belong in the top 5 or 10 for that matter.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"chuck44" wrote:
    Am I missing something? All this talk about keeping Brian Williams. Moving positions for Brian Williams. I say just let him walk! He has not made a single play all year. It's :angryfire: watching him run around without a clue. Let him go,the sooner the better!!
    Are you watching the games or just looking at the defensive rankings. He has made plays he's got a couple pics in the last 3 games, one wich was very big against the lions. He bats ball away, yes he does get beat but he's a good CB. Maybe he's not suited to be a #2, i think he can do it, he may need some help from his other teamates (THE DLINE).

Point is you dont let a guy who has been sucessful in his career and is still young, has a long ways to go, and is still improving walk away from the team. If he's not a #2 he's a great #3.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Here in Foreskins territory, I end up getting a lot of info about Smoot...

Bailey was a good cover corner, and teams wouldn't throw towards him much, and Smoot would have to defend against more throws, and he had better stats (tackles,INTs) than Bailey every year. Smoot will miss tackles on occasion, but he has been more of a big-play impact CB than Bailey ever was. In fact, Bailey took a lot of heat from the press here last year for blowing assignments and getting burned at crucial times. Smoot has a ton of heart, is a leader in the Foreskins secondary, has that "Wide Receiver" cockiness with the media (which I think is good in the position he plays), and isn't a penalty magnet. Moreover, I've seen him choose to stay in a game with a cracked sternum/broken ribs and lay out absolutely suicidal hits on people (vs. Browns or Bears, can't remember).

I don't think that Smootyflakes is a Top 5 Corner, because he's not the world's biggest hitter (chalk that up to being lightweight, because he definitely WANTS to hit hard), but I think he's arguably a Top 10. If we sign him, expect him to consistently play like Brian Williams' last two years combined and averaged out: something like 50-60 tackles and 4-6 INTs. Definitely a good buy if we can get him. He lifts up the other defensive players too. Keep Brian Williams! He's having a down year, but if you notice that our Ballhawking DBs are ALL having a serious slide from last year productivity, that has to be due to defensive playbook/coaching changes. Now we need to also sign some kind of drinks-from-the-skulls-of-his-enemies Linebacker/Monster.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Smoot is lucky to be a top 15 corner, much less top 5. Still better than BW though...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

this thread is a moot point. i dont think snyder is going to let smoot go freely. and he is out for tmorrow.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Al Harris cant tackle, hes not a complete corner, he doesnt belong in the top 5 or 10 for that matter.
    He shut down Randy Moss. And Marvin Harrison. And Andre Johnson. And the list goes on.

You don't have to like him - but he's a top 10 for sure, and top 5 possibly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    He shut down Randy Moss. And Marvin Harrison. And Andre Johnson. And the list goes on.

You don't have to like him - but he's a top 10 for sure, and top 5 possibly.
    If he can shut down those 3, hes a complete corner in my book.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am not a Packer nor Harris fan at all. But, give the guy some credit. Every week he has the job of covering some of the toughest WR's in the NFL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast