Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Let's get Smoot next year!

Unless the coaching gets alot better it will not matter who the Vikings sign or draft!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Unless the coaching gets alot better it will not matter who the Vikings sign or draft!

I agree. But maybe we can get so much talent here, that we will have enough to offset our horrible coach, and maybe win 10 games next year? It will be tough, with an ape for a coach.

"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:
    Williams is a restricted free agent which means we would resign him to a one year deal potentially and maybe get draft picks for him or trade him before the trade deadline next year

Oh crap, I wasn't even looking at who was an unrestricted FA and who was restricted. Yeah, we will probably give him a tiny contract like we did with russell this offseason. Thank god we didn't give him a big contract for his fluke year! I remember a lot of people wondering what we were doing by giving him that crappy contract.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Williams is a restricted free agent which means we would resign him to a one year deal potentially and maybe get draft picks for him or trade him before the trade deadline next year

Oh crap, I wasn't even looking at who was an unrestricted FA and who was restricted. Yeah, we will probably give him a tiny contract like we did with russell this offseason. Thank god we didn't give him a big contract for his fluke year! I remember a lot of people wondering what we were doing by giving him that crappy contract.

Smoot is a restricted FA too, so it won't be easy to get him.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I dont think B Will will demand the money that smoot will but teams will take a good solid look at him. If he's put in the right systems (one symilair to Oleary's) he will excel. I know tice likes Brian so we'll have to see. It would be great to get another solid CB in free agency or in the draft. Then we would have at least four solid CB's including Ken Irvin who is a solid nickle back who takes care of his health and his body.

I'm thinking we need to go after the best DB in the draft wether it be CB or Safety. I don't know i keep changing my mind but i'm sure i'll be pleased with our pick.

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

parson george....before you talk you really should look to see who dewayne washington plays for and when the last time you actually saw him play...................Washington plays for Jacksonville now and is like the 5th corner on there team.......hmm that tells me he isnt good and isnt in Pitt
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well he's an old man though, he was definitly a solid DB when the vikes let him go, he did get burned some but he plays solid ball.

parsongeorge is offline Starter

parson george....before you talk you really should look to see who dewayne washington plays for and when the last time you actually saw him play...................Washington plays for Jacksonville now and is like the 5th corner on there team.......hmm that tells me he isnt good and isnt in Pitt
    thanks for the correction , but my point still stands. after we let him go he did quite well for pitt.
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

chuck44 is offline Training Camp

Am I missing something? All this talk about keeping Brian Williams. Moving positions for Brian Williams. I say just let him walk! He has not made a single play all year. It's :angryfire: watching him run around without a clue. Let him go,the sooner the better!!
    Nate Wright was pushed!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"parsongeorge" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Winfield and Smoot, drop Russell and move B-Will to safety.

Yes.
    It cracks me up how once someone says to move brian williams to safety, everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I think he has plenty of speed to stay at corner he just needs to work on his technique with a coach that know's his ass from a hole in the ground.......hence the Dewayne Washington trade, who now is a really good defender in pitt.
    D Wash was cut by Pitt this summer and is now in Jacksonville

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast