Foreman44 is offline Starter

Let's Get Kleinsasser The Ball This Year!

Ok, yes he can block. But he can catch too and is a very good runner when given the chance. Get Kleinsasser the ball this year! The new H-Back formations are encouraging for getting more passes to guys like Kleinsasser and Wiggins, etc .. but when you got a guy like J.K. who is an under-rated receiver, you got to get him the ball! The Vikings, after many years of ignoring their TE as a receiver, finally seemed to wake up a few years back when Chamberlain was getting passes thrown his way. Does anyone remember Stu Voight :colors:

Rings a bell but can you enlighten us, it kind of like age and eye's...as you get older you know there is something there but until you put your glasses on you Juuuuust can't make it out....sorry..but help us please
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Del Rio Guest

Stu Voigt
    Tight End
    Born: 1948

+-------------------------+
    | Receiving |
    +----------+-----+-------------------------+
    | Year TM | G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
    +----------+-----+-------------------------+
    | 1970 min | 3 | 0 0 0.0 0
    | 1971 min | 12 | 15 214 14.3 1
    | 1972 min | 14 | 6 50 8.3 1
    | 1973 min | 13 | 23 318 13.8 2
    | 1974 min | 14 | 32 268 8.4 5
    | 1975 min | 13 | 34 363 10.7 4
    | 1976 min | 14 | 28 303 10.8 1
    | 1977 min | 14 | 20 212 10.6 1
    | 1978 min | 15 | 4 52 13.0 0
    | 1979 min | 16 | 15 139 9.3 2
    | 1980 min | 3 | 0 0 0.0 0
    +----------+-----+------------------------- +
    | TOTAL | 131 | 177 1919 10.8 17

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Let's Get Kleinsasser The Ball This Year!

"Foreman44" wrote:
    Ok, yes he can block. But he can catch too and is a very good runner when given the chance. Get Kleinsasser the ball this year! The new H-Back formations are encouraging for getting more passes to guys like Kleinsasser and Wiggins, etc .. but when you got a guy like J.K. who is an under-rated receiver, you got to get him the ball! The Vikings, after many years of ignoring their TE as a receiver, finally seemed to wake up a few years back when Chamberlain was getting passes thrown his way. Does anyone remember Stu Voight :colors:

I thought jimmy got the ball a lot last year. Wasn't he the 3rd leading receiver on the team? Fact is, I see his catches going down this year for jimmy, with the addition of wiggins, addition of robinson, burlesons obvious improvement, and cambells improvement. We have too many weapons on the field this year, for jimmy to get the ball more this year. I bet with all these weapons, jimmy will stay in and help out in the pass blocking a lot more this year.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Jimmy rocks
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Del Rio Guest

I agree I thought he caught the ball quite a bit last year. Only Moe Williams and Moss had more.

He Had 46 Receptions, 401 yards, 8.7 Avg, 4TD's

But I see your point that it is successful I hope they do use him alot more this year. He can lower the shoulder too so that starts to wear the D-down as well.

I feel with Wiggins he will see less catches but Culpepper seems to be reading the D better this year and Sauce will still be one of his check down backs. Thing is he will have to work for his yards even more.

It's like redzone Moe runs em in and Sauce catches em.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Kleinsasser does get the ball, but he usually gets it when the Vikes are behind or the offense is struggling. Most of his receptions last year came in games where one of those two things was going on. And like Del Rio said he also is used in the red zone.

I think that suits us just fine. I am happy with how much Sauce gets used. I'm not sure about his downfield abilities, I think he can catch long passes and run well but at this point I don't think we need him to. We've got a lot of receivers to stretch the field with.

Another thing I'd add to what muchluv said is that we now have this guy Mewelde Moore who has shown in the preseason he can catch passes. If we eventually do that more it will force defenses to play a safety or somebody closer to the line.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters