umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Lets face it all the WIlfs care about is building a stadium and selling the franchise

Reminds me of that guy from San Antonio - Rex - put some money into the team for a couple of years and then dumped. Same thing doing on.........boycutt all games until the Wilfs committ to the fans and winning.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Lets face it all the WIlfs care about is building a stadium and selling the franchise

Wilfs need to hire an offensive mind coach and let him do the drafting cause clearly Rick Spielman doesn't know how to draft a QB and he set us back again doin something he should had got right in 2011 draft by picking ponder non throwing ass

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by umaguma1979 View Post
    Reminds me of that guy from San Antonio - Rex - put some money into the team for a couple of years and then dumped. Same thing doing on.........boycutt all games until the Wilfs commit to the fans and winning.
    How? there is a clause in the stadium financing bill that states of the Wilfs sell the team, some of the sale proceeds will be used to reimburse the state for more of the cost of the building. I believe it is pretty high for the first year and then goes down every year for like 15 years.

So I think we are stuck with them. Under the current circumstances I would be all for waiving that stipulation if we could get a more competent owner.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach
    Simpleton - that cost is built in. No money put into the team - watch and learn. Multiple 1st round drafts coming -until the new stadium is built. ROI

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    They are paying Peterson.

They wouldn't have bothered building the stadium if they weren't thinking long term.

Because we are not winning, you may be disappointed and it may seem like they are not doing much to correct it. When we were close to winning, they went out and made a push for Favre.

I wouldn't say they don't care.

McCombs did not care the last two years. He gutted the team and put all the extra money in his pockets. He then sold the team for a profit. The guy was literally a used care salesman. That was his mentality and his profession. Screw Red!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Simpleton - that cost is built in. No money put into the team - watch and learn. Multiple 1st round drafts coming -until the new stadium is built. ROI
    Simpleton? LMAO. It takes the profit for Wilf out of the sale so he won't do it. Since so little comes out of his pocket everything is leveraged and he gets no real equity out of the sale but I will give your troll an E for effort.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Vikings are up against the salary cap ceiling the last couple of years not hovering above the cap floor unlike the Browns a difference of 25 million

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Wilfs need to hire an offensive mind coach and let him do the drafting cause clearly Rick Spielman doesn't know how to draft a QB and he set us back again doin something he should had got right in 2011 draft by picking ponder non throwing ass
    Spielman has done a great job. If you want to fire Gms that haven't drafted a franchise QB, there would be about 3/4 of them out of work. There isn't an exact science or we wouldn't have the Ryan Leafs of this world. Look at teams that drafted a QB #1 overall that haven't panned out. Leaf and Carr are just a couple I can name. Everybody misses, especially on a pos. that is arguably the most difficult in sports. You can have all the tools but the intangibles are what really makes a QB great, no one knows how to rate a person's intangibles. Joe Montana had an average arm and average speed, was 6' 2" and around 195 (I believe). Not exactly a QB specimen for a HOF QB, he turned out alright. Spielman has gotten many right in his time and has had a few good drafts, I think he should have a couple more years before we decide to fire him.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Simpleton? LMAO. It takes the profit for Wilf out of the sale so he won't do it. Since so little comes out of his pocket everything is leveraged and he gets no real equity out of the sale but I will give your troll an E for effort.
    I wouldn't even give the original poster that much credit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    McCombs did not care the last two years. He gutted the team and put all the extra money in his pockets. He then sold the team for a profit. The guy was literally a used care salesman. That was his mentality and his profession. Screw Red!
    Yeah, he's the type who would have taken a good battery out of a used car, put in a barely breathing battery back in it, and sell the car to an unsuspecting rube.
    SKOL VIKINGS!