Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Let's do it for Pat!

Pat Williams is a beast. Don't even try and tell me our run D would be even half of what it is without this man.

Pat Williams deserves a trip to the pro bowl, at least once.

After seeing Olin Kreutz being a d**k and starting that campaign last year to keep Pat out of the pro bowl, I was actually kind of pissed...

Then I seen this internet phenomina for NHL player Rory Fitzpatrick and his fans voting campaign.

It got me thinking. Why can't we do this for Pat?

We should get a website (next season of course) and start an early campaign to try and get people to vote for him. Make it clear that he is one of the best in the leauge and how he is unoticed.

I think it would be positive for the vikings, purple pride, and I thik it would also be the right thing to do.

What do you guys think?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let's do it for Pat!

Make the site...I will contribute plenty of chatter!
    It's the least that I can do for a fellow Louisiana homeboy!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"baumy300" wrote:
    Pat Williams is a beast. Don't even try and tell me our run D would be even half of what it is without this man.

Pat Williams deserves a trip to the pro bowl, at least once.

After seeing Olin Kreutz being a d**k and starting that campaign last year to keep Pat out of the pro bowl, I was actually kind of pissed...

Then I seen this internet phenomina for NHL player Rory Fitzpatrick and his fans voting campaign.

It got me thinking. Why can't we do this for Pat?

We should get a website (next season of course) and start an early campaign to try and get people to vote for him. Make it clear that he is one of the best in the leauge and how he is unoticed.

I think it would be positive for the vikings, purple pride, and I thik it would also be the right thing to do.

What do you guys think?
    Go ahead and do it.
    Doubt it would help.
    They will always vote in the more popular player.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Make the site...I will contribute plenty of chatter!
    It's the least that I can do for a fellow Louisiana homeboy!
    Thats so awesome
    ;D

I will make the site, but won't launch it until next year. All we need to do is hope he has another year like the last few, and were golden.

Wait....No, actually even if he flops next year we are still launching it!

Ahh, but Ultra, you underestimate the power of internet votes.

Look at Rory Fitzpatrick. No one even watches the NHL really, and look how many people have voted for a no name guy just because a website told them to?

I even did!

Point is, we would get almost all of PPO to do it, plus the other people who would normally do it, then we would get the people from the net who dont even probaly watch football to do it just because its the "cool" thing to do or be a part of.

I can even put a link to PPO on the site and hopefully just get some members out of the deal.

Even if we fail, Pat will know people aren't forgetting his play.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"baumy300" wrote:
    Ahh, but Ultra, you underestimate the power of internet votes.

Look at Rory Fitzpatrick. No one even watches the NHL really, and look how many people have voted for a no name guy just because a website told them to?

I even did!

Point is, we would get almost all of PPO to do it, plus the other people who would normally do it, then we would get the people from the net who dont even probaly watch football to do it just because its the "cool" thing to do or be a part of.

I can even put a link to PPO on the site and hopefully just get some members out of the deal.

Even if we fail, Pat will know people aren't forgetting his play.

Just make sure to get the OverLords (Webster) blessing before you start pimping your link here.
    Just an fyi .....

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

While this may help with one-third of the voting, you have to remember that the NFL players and coaches make up the other two-thirds of the overall ballot. So Phat Pat could have 10 million votes from the public, but if the other players and coaches didn't think he was worthy of the Pro Bowl they could easily snub him and leave him at home.

Nice thought tho.. As a small matter, I voted for both Pat and Kevin as my starting D-Tackles for the NFC.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If I was going to go out and promote somebody deserving of the Pro Bowl (even though it is a joke) it would be Winfield.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If I was going to go out and promote somebody deserving of the Pro Bowl (even though it is a joke) it would be Winfield.
    Good point. He is just as deserving.

I guess there are a'lot of players in the NFL who would deserve their name on a site like that.

I picked Pat mostly because the Olin Kruetz ordeal..

And of course because he deserved it.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Pat will go when the Vikes do better than 6/10.
    That means that the D line has to develop a pass rush.
    Yeah they can stop the run but they can't stop anyone from moving the ball down the field.
    They are too one dimensional in defense to be looked at with favor IMO.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast