Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    JDante is offline Rookie

Re: Let's clean house and build a new team! Who should stay?

"so i guess that the fact that for the first half of the season the guy throwing the ball was connecting more with the db's than the wr's and then a guy who averaged 140 ypg passing had nothing to do with the poor performance by the WR's.

the WRs only played poorly because they weren't given a chance to play well. towards the second half of the season we ran a very conservative offense so most of the routes were short ins, outs, slants, hooks, comebacks, etc. its fairly hard to get YAC on those unless your wide open" ——I_Bleed_Purple

Guys arent Wide Open cause theres no Randy Moss to draw away the defense. Which confuses Pep cause hes not used to that. I think that he woulda connected more with the WRs if they were a little bit more open. Culpepper is not a thinker. Hes not a brilliant strategist out there on the field. he cant read the defense and pumpfake it and manipulate the covergaes like some of the other QBS out there. its just not his style. Although i agree with you on the Offensive Line statements on how they were all jacked up and everything but basically thats just an easy excuse. Its probably to early to say this since the O-Line was jacked up the year after Moss left but, i contribute Daunte Culpeppers failure mostly to the fact that the defense can play the recievers straight up. Theres no Randy Moss to draw doubleteams. And that forces Culpepper to FIND the open man instead of him just being open and Culpepper knowing that hes going to be.

Oh yea and those games where Moss was out of it, Nate Burleson stepped up. Marcus Robinson stepped up. We had a ProBowl RB in Micheal Bennet. DCPep was at the top of his game and basically nothing was gonna stop him from completing his passes. I cant take anything away from that year that Culpepper had it was ridiculous for you to bring it up thats like the Figure4 LegLock theres just no getting out of it i cant come up with a way to say that wasnt amazing and that doesnt make DCPep god. but i cant pull up one little nugget of information.

Jake Delhomme sucks. He is not that great of a QB. He can eat up the defense just a little bit with his passing game and his accuracy but he is not a ProBowl QB. Steve Smith is on the same team as Jake Delhomme. That automatically makes Delhommes job ALOT easier. Do you think that Jake Delhomme would have made the ProBowl without Steve Smith? There was ONE game that Steve Smith got shutdown in all season. Just one game. And during that NFC Championship game against the Seahawks Jake Delhomme had a passer rating of less than five. he finished somewhere around 22. Back to Culpepper. I know hes a thousand times better than Delhomme and i know he has shown signs of succes without Moss but still, do you think he woulda made the ProBowl once in his career without RandyMoss? DO you think that he woulda had the year that he had in 04 without Moss? He woulda grabbed MVP honors w/o Moss? If you do, well thats great for you you obviously have much love for dat QB but in all honesty i dont think there is anyone else in the entire US of A that knows anything about fottball that could say that Culpeppers career woulda been what it is without Moss. And thats the truth.

The only way to really tell is to wait and see. There were SO many excuses, nevermind delete that there were so many REASONS that the vikings did bad last year it would be ignorant of me to tower it all down onto the lack of Randy Moss. But if we are going to take a chance on Culpepper to see IF he can succeed without Randy Moss then the Minnesota Vikings would be making a foolish mistake. Why even risk it? Draft a WR. Culpepper has proven success, you all read tha stats that IBP posted, Culpepper has PROVEN SUCCESS as a quarterback when he has an allstar wr on his team to throw it to. They keep on talking about trying to get Daunte back into the topform he was in during the 04 season well, we had Randy Moss back then. A simple equation for this situation could be: CULPEPPER + STAR WR= SUCCESS. I dont want to take any more risks this team right now needs to get it going. Why mess with a good thing? Get Daunte another WR and lets see what happens. Thats what I think should happen dont know much about you guys though...
    Yea.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let's clean house and build a new team! Who should stay?

"JDante" wrote:
    "so i guess that the fact that for the first half of the season the guy throwing the ball was connecting more with the db's than the wr's and then a guy who averaged 140 ypg passing had nothing to do with the poor performance by the WR's.

the WRs only played poorly because they weren't given a chance to play well. towards the second half of the season we ran a very conservative offense so most of the routes were short ins, outs, slants, hooks, comebacks, etc. its fairly hard to get YAC on those unless your wide open" ——I_Bleed_Purple

Guys arent Wide Open cause theres no Randy Moss to draw away the defense. Which confuses Pep cause hes not used to that. I think that he woulda connected more with the WRs if they were a little bit more open. Culpepper is not a thinker. Hes not a brilliant strategist out there on the field. he cant read the defense and pumpfake it and manipulate the covergaes like some of the other QBS out there. its just not his style. Although i agree with you on the Offensive Line statements on how they were all jacked up and everything but basically thats just an easy excuse. Its probably to early to say this since the O-Line was jacked up the year after Moss left but, i contribute Daunte Culpeppers failure mostly to the fact that the defense can play the recievers straight up. Theres no Randy Moss to draw doubleteams. And that forces Culpepper to FIND the open man instead of him just being open and Culpepper knowing that hes going to be.

Oh yea and those games where Moss was out of it, Nate Burleson stepped up. Marcus Robinson stepped up. We had a ProBowl RB in Micheal Bennet. DCPep was at the top of his game and basically nothing was gonna stop him from completing his passes. I cant take anything away from that year that Culpepper had it was ridiculous for you to bring it up thats like the Figure4 LegLock theres just no getting out of it i cant come up with a way to say that wasnt amazing and that doesnt make DCPep god. but i cant pull up one little nugget of information.

Jake Delhomme sucks. He is not that great of a QB. He can eat up the defense just a little bit with his passing game and his accuracy but he is not a ProBowl QB. Steve Smith is on the same team as Jake Delhomme. That automatically makes Delhommes job ALOT easier. Do you think that Jake Delhomme would have made the ProBowl without Steve Smith? There was ONE game that Steve Smith got shutdown in all season. Just one game. And during that NFC Championship game against the Seahawks Jake Delhomme had a passer rating of less than five. he finished somewhere around 22. Back to Culpepper. I know hes a thousand times better than Delhomme and i know he has shown signs of succes without Moss but still, do you think he woulda made the ProBowl once in his career without RandyMoss? DO you think that he woulda had the year that he had in 04 without Moss? He woulda grabbed MVP honors w/o Moss? If you do, well thats great for you you obviously have much love for dat QB but in all honesty i dont think there is anyone else in the entire US of A that knows anything about fottball that could say that Culpeppers career woulda been what it is without Moss. And thats the truth.

The only way to really tell is to wait and see. There were SO many excuses, nevermind delete that there were so many REASONS that the vikings did bad last year it would be ignorant of me to tower it all down onto the lack of Randy Moss. But if we are going to take a chance on Culpepper to see IF he can succeed without Randy Moss then the Minnesota Vikings would be making a foolish mistake. Why even risk it? Draft a WR. Culpepper has proven success, you all read tha stats that IBP posted, Culpepper has PROVEN SUCCESS as a quarterback when he has an allstar wr on his team to throw it to. They keep on talking about trying to get Daunte back into the topform he was in during the 04 season well, we had Randy Moss back then. A simple equation for this situation could be: CULPEPPER + STAR WR= SUCCESS. I dont want to take any more risks this team right now needs to get it going. Why mess with a good thing? Get Daunte another WR and lets see what happens. Thats what I think should happen dont know much about you guys though...
    Jake Delhomme does NOT suck...he came very close to winning a Super Bowl...and if that IDIOT kicker wouldn't have kicked the ball out of bounds, Delhomme would most likely have been the MVP and would be the winning QB in that game. He has had many great games in his career DESPITE not having Daunte's raw talent...which makes it even worse that Daunte hasn't won anything yet! Don't get me wrong, I like Daunte and think that he has the talent to take us to the Super Bowl...BUT he needs to step up and LEAD this team to the Promised Land. Jake at least HAS that leadership ability...he knows that he is not the most talented guy out there, BUT he has the balls to go all out and make things happen...Daunte hasn't shown that he can will a team to victory yet. Until he does, he will NEVER make it to the next level!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234