Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Accents is offline Training Camp

Let's clean house and build a new team! Who should stay?

Thank goodness, Tice and his entourage are gone. Wilf has already cleaned house on the coaching staff and got Childress. I say let Childress clean house on the team and build a team that might actually perform and win. So who should stay? Who has talent that we should keep?

Quarterbacks?-------------------------------------
    Johnson? Last season was more than lackluster and the only one who really stood out and saved us from a very dismal losing season was Brad Johnson. I vote for Brad!

Culpepper, I vote let him go.

Running backs?---------------------------------
    Get someone good! I want at least one running back like the Bus, someone who can actually plow through people.

Bennett? Childress already let him go.

Moore? In my view, best of our running backs, but certainly not very good as far as NFL running backs go.

Receiving corp?---------------------------
    Noone really stands out, but noone is really bad either.

Rest of the offense?----------------------------

Defense? --------------------------------------------
    Last year was the first year we have actually had a defense in a long time. Not a great defense though. Noone really stands out to me.

Kickers?-------------------------------
    Punter - keep him. The field goal guy - get someone better.

What do you think?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let's clean house and build a new team! Who should stay?

Yah build a team around a 38 year old guy? I think he is 38...

Keep Pep..

Pick up Edge and a few LB's and possibly a safety

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

sweet thread :roll:

:lol:

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    sweet thread :roll:

:lol:
    why dont you just come out and say what you really think
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quarterbacks?-------------------------------------
    Johnson? need to keep him because im sure daunte won't be 100% by the beginning of the season so if something happens we have someone reliable to fill in

Culpepper, keep him. he has poetential to do very very well, this year can be a "test" year, and if he plays terrible again then we cut him.

Running backs?---------------------------------
    we don't need a bus-type runner because thats not our style of defense. MeMo is a good fit, but edge is better. if we can't get edge i'd like to see us get maroony in the draft and then he and moore can battle it out for starting job

Bennett? Childress already let him go.

Receiving corp?---------------------------
    as long as we resign krob we're set

Rest of the offense?----------------------------

*cough* mabye O *cough* line

we've got two solid TE's and we just signed a fullback.(dont know much about him tho)

Defense? --------------------------------------------
    Last year was the first year we have actually had a defense in a long time. Not a great defense though. Brian Williams had a pretty good year and hopefully we can get him back. Safety is a concern as chavous is as good as gone and sharper's old. we could probably convert bwill to SS if we had to, but i'd like to see a FA brought in to play safety

also need a lb or two either witherspoon or peterson would go nicely. cowart will be cut. EJ, Napo and Newman can battle it out for the other two LB positioins

Kickers?-------------------------------
    Kluwe - awesome, will get better
    Edinger - average, but 2x better than anything we had over the past few years. i say keep him unless we get an amazing deal on a top kicker.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

I gracefully decline to admonish this thread. Otherwise I might cross the line and end up attacking the poster and not the post! LOL!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

No FREE BEER for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[color=red]

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I will not comment because I actually value my time on PPO, and don't want to be banned..

JDante is offline Rookie

I_Bleed_Purple, what makes you think that Culpepper has the potential to do very very good this next upcoming year? I know that the Offensive line due to players coming off of IR will be fixed but if we dont pursue any other options at Reciever we wont Culpepper simply will not succeed. Reason being; Culpepper is only going to be as good as his recieving core, he cant be forced to think on his feet and try to find the open man, he needs an immediate target, Jermaine Wiggins is good but not good enough. But thats on a whole nother topic, i posted my feelings of that on already somewhere else. Quite Frankly if Culpepper plays and we dont have a better set of recievers Culpepper will fail. If We upgrade and get a lets say Sinorice Moss or Chad Jackson Culpepper will excede. If we keep our sorry set of recievers that we got right now Then BJ needs to start, hes the only one who can work with them and he has the strongest relationship with Troy Williamson, who is supposed to be our replacement on offense for Randy Moss.

Alot of dumb things were said up there, but one of the craziest ones is that no one really stands out on defense. Darren Sharper and Antoine Winfeild dont stand out? Winfields one of the best CBs in the league and Sharper not only made the ProBowl but finished SECOND the league in INTs, tied for first on Defensive Touchdowns and finished SECOND in yards off Interceptions! Arguably one of the best Safeties in football this year as far as interceptions and tackles go and he doesnt stand out, ha!

And get someone better than Paul Edinger??? Ok now i know he aint the BEST kicker in the league but if you know anything about anything you would know Paul Edinger comes through in the clutch. Watch any Packers/Vikings games this season? Umm ever hear of Paul Edinger setting an NFL Record for longest kick on MNF a while ago? no? no wonder you think we should get a better kicker. Hes been makin FG for us all season there is not one thing wrong with him hes 13th in the league in FGM so actually i disagree with you a littlebit on that one. What you think we should try to get vinatieri???? We have a solid reliable kicker in Paul Edinger and there is absolutely no reason to get rid of him. Check tha stats homeboy its all there.

Sharpers only 30 and only one of the best Safeties in football. Corey Chavous has always been reliable maybe not for an interception or an amazing play but hes a veteran and he knows what hes doing out there.

The WORSE player on the vikings team is EJ Henderson. He just sucks. Our O-Line was in shambles last year, we had LGs starting as RTs, a RT who just plain suck, and our pride and joy on the O-Line, Matt Birk, AllPro Center, one of the best in NFL, was injured, and that sucks.

I_Bleed_Purp. You said that Mewelde Moore would actually "battle it out" for the Starting position on the Vikes? It would be no contest. The next RB to put on a Vikings Uniform is starting. Moore has no hope of putting Laurence Maroney on the bench. NOT A CHANCE.

"We dont need a bustype runner because thats not our style of defense"HUNH???????

and whoeva said that none of our recievers stand out but none of them are really bad either really should edit that post. Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor were the actual STATISTICAL leaders. But when your two best recievers combine for NINE touchdowns, which is about half of what ONE good reciever can get in a year, you have a bad reciever core. Jermaine Wiggins was a good go to guy, his numbers werent that great but his ingame performance was. Out of all the guys catching the ball out there the only one that actually needs to stay in order to contribute to the teams overall success is Jermaine Wiggins. Koren Robinsons statistics as a Wide Reciever aint nothin pretty, but as a Return Man well, he made the probowl am i right? That just about sums up our recieving rosters.

One more guy i gotta quote
    BogMoeInAZ, you said "I gracefully decline to admonish this thread. Otherwise I might cross the line and end up attacking the poster and not the post! LOL!" I was gonna gracefully decline too, but some trule retarded things were said and i just had to comment.

Wow this is really dragging on so im just gonna cut it right here, now that ive said what ive had to say. And......CUT
    Yea.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

HHmmm.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast