Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Letdown for Vikes at home?

i will say SLIDE commensing, we are walking into a very hard game next week and if we overlook the lions a collapse will have happened again
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Letdown for Vikes at home?

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    I know the responses I am going to get already, but my question is this...

Do you see the tailspin for the Vikings that I see? Here's my reasons...

You lost to the BEARS! And yes, the Packers lost to the BEARS and it sent them into an 0-4 tailspin. They have recovered. Will the Vikings faster?

Memories of last year HAVE to be in the minds of the players. HOw can ANYONE say its not. The players are human, they remember, not to mention the media bashing them about it all the time.

I see the Vikes finishing out 1-3, just making the playoffs.

Call me crazy. My Packers arent much better. A loss to 10-1 Philly and a loss to 4-7 Chicago is NOT the same.

The Packers have looked consistent and dominating outside of the debacle in Philly. The Vikings have looked scattered, inconsistent, and downright bad at times. They very very easily could have lost their last 3 games.

I see a win over Washington the last week of the season. Thats it. Say what you want about the Packers, they looked horrible last week. The Vikings looked worse.
    Let's reverse that:

Do you think the Packers - with an abysmal Defense - can slip into the Play-Offs?

You play a bad Detroit team today, then it's Jacksonville, Minnesota, and the Bears. Green Bay could easily lose all three of these games.

My brother - a packer fan - and I talked about this today. My main point was that Minnesota has some critical people out with injury (Birk and Winfield). Both of whom will be back soon. Green Bay has no "Team Saver" returning. They are as healthy as they could reasonably expect to be.

As for Green Bay "Dominating" people...they have managed to "Dominate" some pretty bad teams...and in return have been dominated several times (Tennessee and Philly), only once by a "good" team.

The fact is, argueing over who's the better team - at this point - is like saying "Who sucks less". Neither team has the horsepower to go anywhere right now. Neither team is a legitimate contender. And, when it all gets boiled down, neither team is really playing very well.

But, to answer your original question: I see a tailspin, but not like last year. I see a continuation of the same spin. The Defense was the cause last season, and they are STILL the problem. Add in bad play calls on Offense, and that's a recipe for losing...a recipe BOTH teams have almost perfected.

Caine

PS: regarding this specific line:
    Call me crazy. My Packers arent much better. A loss to 10-1 Philly and a loss to 4-7 Chicago is NOT the same.
    You're right. Losing to the Bears isn't anywhere near as bad as getting absolutely DESTROYED by the Eagles...but you have my sympathy.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

My only question is will Birk and Winfield come back in time to help?
    can we clone Bud Grant?

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

"Caine" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:

You lost to the BEARS! And yes, the Packers lost to the BEARS and it sent them into an 0-4 tailspin. They have recovered. Will the Vikings faster?

Memories of last year HAVE to be in the minds of the players. HOw can ANYONE say its not. The players are human, they remember, not to mention the media bashing them about it all the time.

The Packers have looked consistent and dominating outside of the debacle in Philly. The Vikings have looked scattered, inconsistent, and downright bad at times. They very very easily could have lost their last 3 games.

I see a win over Washington the last week of the season. Thats it. Say what you want about the Packers, they looked horrible last week. The Vikings looked worse.
    Let's reverse that:

Do you think the Packers - with an abysmal Defense - can slip into the Play-Offs?

You play a bad Detroit team today, then it's Jacksonville, Minnesota, and the Bears. Green Bay could easily lose all three of these games.

My brother - a packer fan - and I talked about this today. My main point was that Minnesota has some critical people out with injury (Birk and Winfield). Both of whom will be back soon. Green Bay has no "Team Saver" returning. They are as healthy as they could reasonably expect to be.

As for Green Bay "Dominating" people...they have managed to "Dominate" some pretty bad teams...and in return have been dominated several times (Tennessee and Philly), only once by a "good" team.

The fact is, argueing over who's the better team - at this point - is like saying "Who sucks less". Neither team has the horsepower to go anywhere right now. Neither team is a legitimate contender. And, when it all gets boiled down, neither team is really playing very well.

But, to answer your original question: I see a tailspin, but not like last year. I see a continuation of the same spin. The Defense was the cause last season, and they are STILL the problem. Add in bad play calls on Offense, and that's a recipe for losing...a recipe BOTH teams have almost perfected.

Caine

PS: regarding this specific line:
    You're right. Losing to the Bears isn't anywhere near as bad as getting absolutely DESTROYED by the Eagles...but you have my sympathy.
    Talking smack after a loss????? WOW
    3 Straight Division Champs

skogs02 is offline Starter

birk will be back next week prolly and winfield the week after

skogs02 is offline Starter

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

before you start to cut down our team you better look at your own :salute:

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

I do think my team won.... hmmm... Ill look at them... in first place by a game WITH the division record tied, the common opponents tied, and the conference record favoring the Packers... MEANING, if the Vikes beat the Pack, Pack still wins the division if they beat the bears and jac... hee hee
    3 Straight Division Champs

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    I do think my team won.... hmmm... Ill look at them... in first place by a game WITH the division record tied, the common opponents tied, and the conference record favoring the Packers... MEANING, if the Vikes beat the Pack, Pack still wins the division if they beat the bears and jac... hee hee
    Dude, get a life. Do you really expect to have credibillity around here after you vanished early on in the season..claiming that you were struggling with a heavy work load. :roll: Get a Life BanWagoner. The only true Packer Fans here are Bartime and Los...the rest of you stinkin Cocharoaches can :la: eachother!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

The Packers have looked consistent and dominating outside of the debacle in Philly.
    If "dominating" means winning it on the last drive from being either tied or losing...then you are correct. But if it is most people's definition of dominating, you are delusional!

That all being said, your guys are winning the close ones and our guys aren't...that is the one thing that I can concede to you. The fact of the matter is that neither team will go far in the playoffs continuing on the performance levels that they are currently performing at. I am already looking forward to next year's draft...VIKES in 2005!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Talking smack after a loss????? WOW
    When will you learn?

Stating what I did isn't smack - it's all verifyable. And, rereading it myself, I see nothing remotely out of line in my previous post.

I didn't say we were "Dominant", I didn't claim any team superiority, I simply laid it all out in reverse. If that's smack, then the rest of the world should follow suit.

Caine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast