Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let us address our offeason needs.

"freaky" wrote:
    oh whatever muppet! so you give every player one year as a rookie n then the next year they must be good enough? lol...we would barely have a team by that that rate
    I have plenty of evidence to substantiate my claim and you have produced none to substantiate your claim.
    You are an expert at extrapolation of evidence, now all of a sudden I am guilty of giving every player a yr as a rookie?
    It would help if you think through your comments before stating them, otherwise you lose the argument before there is even a response.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

freaky is offline Starter

you have evidence to substantiate he drops the ball in the nfl, but u overlook the evidence to support he can catch as shown in college on countless occasions. would we draft a guy at number 7 who so blatantly (as you say) cannot catch? or are u suggesting he has had a hand transplant?

"freaky" wrote:
    you have evidence to substantiate he drops the ball in the nfl, but u overlook the evidence to support he can catch as shown in college on countless occasions. would we draft a guy at number 7 who so blatantly (as you say) cannot catch? or are u suggesting he has had a hand transplant?
    I heard Ryan Leaf was a really good QB in college.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

yeah so was carson palmer n the rest of the nfl. i think a few more might make it then dont lol

"freaky" wrote:
    yeah so was carson palmer n the rest of the nfl. i think a few more might make it then dont lol
    Again, do your homework.
    There are many more that don't make it than do make it.
    I'm done with this beating, there comes a point in any competition where it gets boring if the opponent cannot score a single point.

not among the 'rated' players..or did u think i was talking about the entire u.s population? how will i cope without ur condescending charm?

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    "freaky" wrote:
    Again, do your homework.
    There are many more that don't make it than do make it.
    I'm done with this beating, there comes a point in any competition where it gets boring if the opponent cannot score a single point.
    I remember a couple guys from a few years back named Edwards and Williams... Neither of whom we drafted.

They both had great college carreers, but neither has established himself as a serious threat. Shite, Mike Furry seemed more productive this year...
    -Sno

Del Rio Guest

"freaky" wrote:
    Troy Williamson has always dropped footballs. That was his biggest negative in the draft that he could not catch very well and Mike Tice said the famous "You can teach a guy how to catch, but you cannot teach speed"

This will be his third year I don't know how many years a guy is a rookie in your book of fandom, but apparently if you like the guy he gets at least three years to be called a rookie.

At no point in the season was he called on to carry the load. He wasn't thrown to more then our other WR's he wasn't thrown to more then our RB's. So what he was occassionaly called upon to run a deep route, I have no idea how that translates into carrying the load on offense.

I wouldn't call him a bust. I wouldn't call him an NFL caliber WR either. His chances are running thin, and you can tell that when Childress set him out, kept talking about how they had his eyes checked, and basically kept telling everyone it was Troys mindset....that his days are numbered here if he cannot catch the ball.

If someone says "I think he is a bust" and you do not. It is enough to say "I think he is not a bust." Why make shit up to try and convince someone you are right? Especially when the shit you make up is so obviously wrong?

"freaky" wrote:
    not among the 'rated' players..or did u think i was talking about the entire u.s population? how will i cope without ur condescending charm?
    Any semi-conscious person that reads this thread will see that I was merely addressing your fallacies that you were trying to use as support for your argument.
    If you call that condescending, more power to your inability to discuss issues using a hint of reality.
    Somewhere back in my first post in this thread I said I think he's a bust and I hope I have to eat crow on this one.
    I have no reason to believe that I will though.

You really need to work on your replies.
    They not only make sense, they are laden in inaccuracies and fallacies.
    If you have man-love for Williamson just state it, I'm ok with that.

fair call del rio...
    i do think the expectation has been too high for him though..said or unsaid..
    he's played 2 years, once off the bench & next year starting strongside..(which says enough)
    i just think far too many people are quick to condemn a guy with talent..especially now he's in a system that no wideout can flourish..
    rightly or wrongy, i think he's been one of the scapegoats for some bigger issues..
    i respect your criticism though

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast