Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let us address our offeason needs.

"freaky" wrote:
    i think u might find a young player thrown in to carry the weight of an offense & be the deep threat when he is still finding himself in the team & nfl might find it a little tougher than catch/not catch...have u heard of psychology? are u saying t.o is a bust?
    Stay on a train of thought here.
    I'm the person that said he is a head-case which infers he has problems in his head regarding catching (i.e., psychological or maybe better termed 'Daunteitis or the condition of having a fragile ego).
    Nobody was making Williamson carry the weight of the team like you are suggesting....just simply catch an occasional ball that is tossed right in your hands.
    Also, last time I checked, T-Ho has actually had production during his career.
    If you want to pull comparisons out of your ass at least compare something that is reasonably
    similar.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

freaky is offline Starter

underperforming yes, a bust no...we aren't trying to clean out the secodary because they are useless!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Our two biggest pressing needs at this time are our WR's Corps and the fact that our pass rush is non existent.

I'de like to see us pick up a WR in free agency, maybe even two.
    First two that come to mind are Bennett and Stallworth......Then picking up a a 2 round WR, to help out even more.

With James coming back next year, this should be a plus, but add to that a first round best on the board pass rushing DE would be a good way to go for me.

I'm also wishing we try to make a move on bringing Cato June into our LB mix....He's got speed and knows the Tampa-2.
    Like Urlacher, he's a converted Safety....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah June would be a great idea.

I would also like a tall receiver like Jarrett to get jump balls.

We can't just rely on speed. A nice red zone target would be such a big boost.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"freaky" wrote:
    i think u might find a young player thrown in to carry the weight of an offense & be the deep threat when he is still finding himself in the team & nfl might find it a little tougher than catch/not catch...have u heard of psychology? are u saying t.o is a bust?
    It's quite a stretch to compare Troy Williamson to Terrell Owens.

Expectations were big for Williamson, for sure, and he has disappointed on all counts.
    Even if you looked at him with the expectations of a 5th-rounder, he has disappointed.
    This is his 3rd seasons coming up - 2nd season in the KAO - no more excuses.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

oh no one was making him carry the offense, we just happen to have no one who can catch a ball past 20 yards...& as for t.o my point is he can catch, you dont forget how to catch...troy can catch n obviously there's reasons why he's lost confidence...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"freaky" wrote:
    oh no one was making him carry the offense, we just happen to have no one who can catch a ball past 20 yards...& as for t.o my point is he can catch, you dont forget how to catch...troy can catch n obviously there's reasons why he's lost confidence...
    There is.
    He is a bust.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

im not comparing him as a player at all..

oh whatever muppet! so you give every player one year as a rookie n then the next year they must be good enough? lol...we would barely have a team by that that rate

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"freaky" wrote:
    oh whatever muppet! so you give every player one year as a rookie n then the next year they must be good enough? lol...we would barely have a team by that that rate
    I believe the expectation is that by the time a receiver gets to the NFL, he should know how to catch the ball.
    It appears that Troy Williamson has basic problems with that skill, and until he masters that, he's a bust.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast