Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Let us address our offeason needs.

Pass Rush - Our run defense is more than acceptable, but without a pass rush it doesn't matter how talented our secondary is. I can basically count the number of sacks we had this year on my d*ck and still have one left over! Until we can establish some kind of pass rush (mostly from our ends) we are going to continue letting our secondary take a beating Tina Turner style. Getting a scheme going where our LB's blitz more often would help also. Potential helpers would be Dwight Freeney, who seems to be a long shot or Quentin Moses. Some say Jamaal Anderson, but I say Moses is the best bet. Don't laugh, he's for real.

Receivers - Oh God how bad we need play makers at this position. Troy "I couldn't catch STD's from Anna Nicole" Williamson has proven he has the potentia, but not the consistency leaves us with no other choice but to make him a number 4, possibly number 3 until he proves otherwise. Word is T. Taylor could be on the way out. If so, Drew Bennett could be an alright choice, but preferably Sidney Rice or Harry Douglas should be available in the 2nd round. Both are very good. I would even be pleased if we snag Dwayne Jarrett in the 1st round, and Rice, Meachum, or Douglas in the 2nd. Calvin Johnson would be a great pick up, but probably won't be available for us.

Right side of the line - Possibly Marcus Johnson could come around, but I won't hold my breath. I say a free agent pickup would be best in this situation. Ryan Cook could also fill in and do decent. This is a pretty big concern for us and hopefully the front office plays it smart and finds us a decent FA to fill in one of the spots, because Cook, Hicks, and Johnson are all iffy.

Coaching/Play Calling - Nothing here will happen, but something should. Childress and his one dimensional offense should be switched up. Chester can't carry continue to carry the ball 30+ times a game, and we can't continue going for bombs on 3rd and 1 or 4th and short. Let's hope the Chiller can either wise up or turn over play calling duties to someone better suited. Like Helen Keller!

Ok, enough with the negative. How about the good.

Special teams - Longwell and Kluwe are pretty solid, giving us not much to worry about when it comes to the team legs. Moore and Bethel should continue to be good threats on returns. Moore especially.

Running game - Hopefully Moore will see more carries and our right side of the line will improve to give us the possibility of two thousand yard backs. That obviously being Moore and Taylor. Moore has shown me over and over he's got the skill, just as long as he's healthy. Fason also gets it down when short yardage situations are present. Also, Tony Richardson is still a beast.

Run defense - We will be getting back Chad Greenway who is a tackling monster and we still have two of the best defensive tackles in the game. If Leber and Henderson keep learning, we could be just as dominant, if not more, than last year. Now if only we could somehow pick up Sean Taylor to help out Winfield in secondary tackling...

So what do you guys think?

Missing anything we need to address OTHER THAN the tight end position? The reason I didn't mention it is because I still firmly believe Wiggins is a great receiving TE. Plus, Kleinsasser can take care of the blocking aspect.

So what else should we go after?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let us address our offeason needs.

An OC seems to come up in most of these discussions.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    An OC seems to come up in most of these discussions.
    And you're right, but I won't call for our coordinators head just yet.

I am under the understanding that Childress calls all the plays, therefore leaving us wondering what our OC is capable of.

freaky is offline Starter

as much as we want a pass rush at least half our defense is solid with the run stuffing. the secondary leaks passing yards but can make it's share of picks, which is something. if we cannot score points it's all irrelevant, so i'd rather we bolster the offense. the left side of the line will improved markedly this year & don't worry about williamson, he's a friggin rookie..no one with any clue would expect a rookie to walk in as the go to man n dominate!! he will be fine in time, if we give it to him

"freaky" wrote:
    as much as we want a pass rush at least half our defense is solid with the run stuffing. the secondary leaks passing yards but can make it's share of picks, which is something. if we cannot score points it's all irrelevant, so i'd rather we bolster the offense. the left side of the line will improved markedly this year & don't worry about williamson, he's a friggin rookie..no one with any clue would expect a rookie to walk in as the go to man n dominate!! he will be fine in time, if we give it to him
    Williamson is no longer a rookie, he should be working on refining his routes, not learning how to catch a ball.
    I'm on record saying he is a bust.
    Hopefully I will have to eat crow on this one, but the guy has a long way to go and it's all uphill.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

technically he's not a rookie, but how many guys come into their 2nd year n are expected to be the new randy moss?

I never even thought of Randy Moss, I was thinking more along the lines of someone that is a professional receiver in the NFL picked as the #7 overall that drops more passes than my 6-yr old son.
    Yeah, that's asking a lot, but all indications show he is a bust, a head-case that can't hold onto the ball and lets it hit him in the pads.
    Coachable?
    If you are in the NFL as a WR and can't even catch the ball you are a bust.....yeah, but.....yeah, but.....he is really fast.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"freaky" wrote:
    technically he's not a rookie, but how many guys come into their 2nd year n are expected to be the new randy moss?
    I'd settle for him being Qadry Ismail, at this point.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i think u might find a young player thrown in to carry the weight of an offense & be the deep threat when he is still finding himself in the team & nfl might find it a little tougher than catch/not catch...have u heard of psychology? are u saying t.o is a bust?

The passes that Williamson drops are even unacceptable for high school players.

No excuses for dropping ball after ball after ball after ball......Especially in the NFL.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast