Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lesnar leaving

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Lesnar leaving

I think we all knew he was not gonna make the final roster of 53 men, so it isn't a big suprise that he is gonna be in the first group of cuts. He should be in the first cuts, so we can have more time to look at guys who could possibly make our final 53. This doesn't mean that he won't be on the practice squad, which is less than 50/50 right now, according to tice. I think it would be nice to have a guy like him around the rest of our guys, showing them how much passion he has and his great work ethic. Things like that would rub off on a lot of guys and probably has during training camp. But at the same time, we can't use a practice squad spot for just that reason, so if we don't think he can make it in the NFL or that it will take longer than expected, then it is a good idea to let him try and find another team willing to take that time.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Lesnar leaving

"SKOL" wrote:
    That's exactly why I think he makes the team. It's all about money. Maybe I'm making too big'a deal of this, but I'm not sure the practice squad is an option. He would have to clear wavers, and a team desperate to put butts in the seats (Arizona) may claim him.

Of course if he completely bombs the next two pre-season games it won't matter.
    As far as him clearing waivers, I doubt any other team would sign him. As I said, it is obviously that the guy is a liability on the field. If he had done something outstanding on ST (ala a Steve Tasker or Chris Walsh), then maybe you could justify putting him on your roster. But he hasn't made a single tackle, forced a single fumble, nothing. The only way Lesnar puts butts in the seat is if he actually plays, and he isn't good enough to play (yet).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Lesnar leaving

He played two series at the end of the 49ers game. From my vantage point he forced a sack, and made the final tackle of the game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123