Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lesnar leaving

Lesnar leaving

doesnt bother me that much. he didnt seem to impress me at all..

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Lesnar leaving

I hope he sticks it out for a NFLE season, With his athletic ability he could come back and be for real
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Lesnar leaving

I am not sure a 28 yr old rookie is in the cards even if he did make the pratice squad.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Lesnar leaving

I wish he were staying on, or at least going over to NFL europe. Get him some playing time, i'm sure that big of a guy can be molded in to one hellofa d-tackle in a few years.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Lesnar leaving

Getting rid of Brock would be a huge mistake, and one I have a hard time believing the Vikings are going to make.

I mean seriously, the guy wants to learn, and he definitely has the tools to play football. He has an unbelievable work ethic and honestly, the guy is a money-maker. When I went down to training camo everyone arond me was talking about Brock, the entire time!

Plus, I thought he showed to be pretty good at busting wedges and getting down there on Special teams.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Lesnar leaving

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Getting rid of Brock would be a huge mistake, and one I have a hard time believing the Vikings are going to make.

I mean seriously, the guy wants to learn, and he definitely has the tools to play football. He has an unbelievable work ethic and honestly, the guy is a money-maker. When I went down to training camo everyone arond me was talking about Brock, the entire time!

Plus, I thought he showed to be pretty good at busting wedges and getting down there on Special teams.
    I disagree. Brock has shown me nothing in the first two preseason games. OK at busting wedges, but no better than any other special teams guy. On the DL, he looked completely overmatched. The practice squad spots should be reserved for people with potential, who might possibly be able to play in case of injury, etc. Brock does not look ready to contribute this year. I'm not saying he may not have potential, and I don't object if the Vikings keep him around as an unpaid player to work with him, but there are other players who have shown a lot more potential to contribute to this team this season or next that should be kept.

Frankly, Brock would be one of the first players I'd cut (though maybe Travis Dorsch and Dan Orner might see the Turk first).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Lesnar leaving

They're going to make $$$$ off the guy even if he's on the Practice squad. Hell, even the Vikes site is showing that his jersey will be available on their site and the Vikings Lockerroom starting today. I don't think Red puts money into marketing if they aren't going to keep him around in some capacity.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Lesnar leaving

Good point on the marketing thing. Yeah I saw them offering Brock's jersey as well on the vikings site. It also said you better hurry and get it so perhaps they are treating as a novelty item. I guess we won't know the outcome until he actually gets cut or is named to the team in some capacity.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Lesnar leaving

That's exactly why I think he makes the team. It's all about money. Maybe I'm making too big'a deal of this, but I'm not sure the practice squad is an option. He would have to clear wavers, and a team desperate to put butts in the seats (Arizona) may claim him.

Of course if he completely bombs the next two pre-season games it won't matter.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Lesnar leaving

Just wish he would have played in college or started this campaign to play in the nfl a lot sooner. By the time he could be molded into a nfl caliber player he will be near the end of his prime playing days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast