Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lesnar leaving

cheesefree is offline Starter

Lesnar leaving

Well he worked really hard and gave it a try anyway ccasion5:

Maybe he'll get a chance to play in Europe.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Lesnar leaving

What are you talking about?? I can't find anything on him leaving!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Lesnar leaving

Yeah I have not seen anything on him for sure getting cut yet either? There was an article in todays paper speculating that he might get cut but also had listed other scenarios as well so not sure where you are hearing this.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Lesnar leaving

Here's a link to the Star-Trib. Doesn't look good for Brock.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4948462.html

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

Lesnar leaving

Here is what I found, not a definate
    www.startribune.com

Vikings defensive line coach Brian Baker could shout "I told you so!" He could argue the merits of Jeff Womble, a four-year starter at Florida State, whom the Vikings had to let go. Or he could declare the whole Brock Lesnar experiment unsuccessful.

But he won't.

Not because he knows Lesnar is going to make the active roster or survive the first cuts Tuesday -- or even make the eight-man practice squad on Sept. 6. Lesnar has no chance of making the final roster and a slim chance of surviving the first 13 cuts. At this point, it's doubtful he'll even be added to the practice squad.

"I definitely was upset at first, but the thing about Brock is he flat-out earned my respect the past four weeks," Baker said. "I don't know how else to put it."

That is the consensus among assistant coaches and players who once were skeptical the Lesnar signing was anything more than a publicity stunt by the Vikings and/or World Wrestling Entertainment, Lesnar's former employer.

"I thought we would have been the last team in the world to sign him," guard Chris Liwienski said. "And then they signed him and we kind of went, 'Oh my gosh, what's this guy going to be all about? Is he going to come in here and tie me in a knot?' But Brock came to work, and guys took notice."

Or, as Pro Bowl center Matt Birk pointed out: "Brock didn't come in here thinking he was a big shot. He took it seriously and kept his mouth shut."

Unfortunately for Lesnar, his nine-year layoff from football and lack of college experience have proved impossible to overcome in one training camp. After an initial boost, his progress at defensive tackle leveled off, and he is duplicating his mistakes. He needs more repetitions at a time when his are being scaled back because the start of the season is only 18 days away.

"I know it's not feasible for them to keep me around [after the first cuts on Tuesday]," Lesnar said. "These other guys have been doing this stuff their whole lives. Me? I'm only doing the best I can."

Lesnar said he remains hopeful of making the practice squad. He said he hasn't allowed himself to think about a Plan B, even though he got only three snaps in the last preseason game at Atlanta.

Ed Hitchcock, Lesnar's agent, said he doesn't expect Lesnar to walk away from football without exhausting all of his opportunities. One of those could include a stint in NFL Europe next spring. The Vikings might have an interest in re-signing Lesnar and allocating him. Or Lesnar could try to join the league on his own, probably with a recommendation from Baker or other Vikings coaches.

Lesnar's age, 27, and years of wear and tear from pro and amateur wrestling at the University of Minnesota are working against him in football. Lesnar hasn't ruled out a return to the WWE, although he might try something different, such as endorsements.

For now, he is all football all of the time.

"Initially, I didn't understand why we signed him, and I was mad that we cut a young rookie player [Womble] who at least knew how to play football," Baker said. "But Brock earned it. You could pick 1,000 guys in his situation and not one of them would have lasted this long."

Baker said Lesnar hasn't attempted one shortcut. He sits in the front of the defensive line meeting room. He works on fundamentals with defensive assistant Jim Panagos for 45 minutes before and after most practices. He takes criticism very well. And probably most important, Lesnar hasn't missed a single rep, despite the fact his groin still isn't 100 percent from a serious motorcycle accident in April.

"My body's not real good right now," Lesnar said, laughing. "But what the heck. For now, I'm living the NFL experience. Who else like me did what I did this summer?"

How long will it last?

"Hey, I don't know what's going to happen," linebacker Chris Claiborne said, "but all I know is the guy turned out to be real cool."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Lesnar leaving

Thanks for the article!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

Lesnar leaving

I personally hope we find a way to keep him around. Just from listening and reading what players and coaches have said about his work ethic, devotion and most of all his heart. He has shown all his skeptics that he is for real and REALLY wants this. Always getting to practice early and staying late. Always asking questions from coaches and players like Hovan. He is a class act as far as I am concerned. I wish some of our guys had his heart.

Come on Tice and Red lets keep this guy on the practice squad lethim get the reps. Then send allocate him to the NFL Europe so he can get the time and experience. I do not think he would let anyone down.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Lesnar leaving

That is the article I read as well and no it doesn't sound positive for Brock but it doesn't say he is gone yet either so anything is possible but my guess is he won't make the team but that doesn't mean he may not have a future affiliation with the Vikings as it sounds like they were very impressed with his willingness to learn etc.

Lesnar leaving

dosent sound to promising for him

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Lesnar leaving

I don't know. On one hand he has heart, determination, and gives 100% all the time. But on the other hand I'm not sure that we are that must better than every other team that we can keep him around just for the future. Can the Viks really afford to cut a player with more skill just so lesner can have a spot?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast