Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Lesnar cut today

Kfan is reporting that Brock was cut this afternoon along with a handful of other players. Tice did say though that he would be proud if Lesnar would represent the Vikings in Europe next year and that perhaps he could still be signed to the practice squad but he was cut today.

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

Lesnar cut today

I really do hope we pull him back in on the practice squad. He has alot of potential I believe, a long way to go but I really think he could pull it off. Especially if he does a stint in NFL Europe. The crowd went crazy when he made the final tackle of the game Friday. You can tell he is wanted. Come on Coach Tice get him back on the practice squad.

Does anyone know how soon we can designate our practice squad players?

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Lesnar cut today

Vikings release ex-wrestler Lesnar
    Last Update: 8/30/2004 12:48:24 PM

Tom Pelissero
    KFAN dot com

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - The Vikings on Monday released six players, including former WWE wrestler Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar, who participated in training camp as a defensive tackle, could return on the practice squad.

Head coach Mike Tice also said the Vikings would be "proud" to have Lesnar represent the club next summer in NFL Europe.

The Vikings also released cornerback Reggie Austin, wide receiver Omar Jenkins, guard Brandon Newton, kicker Dan Orner and linebacker Merrill Robertson.

I hope they sign Lesner to the practice squad and send him to Europe and next year have him back in camp, a guy with that much determination deserves a chance!

I was surprised to see Orner on the list, I thought they would keep him until the picked up somebody new.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Lesnar cut today

yeah I was surprised at Orner too. I am pretty sure Elling won't be around much longer. Robertson was a waste of a free agent pickup as well apparantely as I see him on the cut list how much money did we lose bringing him in to go to camp and play a few downs in a couple preseason games.

Lesnar cut today

Haven't seen who has been cut around the league, hope we can get a kicker and maybe another DB.

Lesnar cut today

That is to bad... maybe they will pick him up on Practice, he sounded like he was keeping his head down and tring to learn
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

jiggyjack is offline Rookie

Lesnar cut today

you knew orner wasnt gonna stick around because the guy does not kick of. too bad he looked a lot better than elling...doesnt say much i know. you know were gonna pick up some old timer and elling will be packing his bags soon too. any thoughts on who its gonna be??? i ve heard both yes and no for gary to come out of retirement again...i doubt its gonna happen again. what are the thoughts on morten anderson??? better than what we ve got i think.

Lesnar cut today

At this point any veteran couldn't do worse then elling is doing. I too believe he won't be here come Friday morning. Although I have seen reports that Tice is considering contacting Gary again he is someone who does not kick off so then there would go the excuse for Orner. I think it will be an Anderson kicking for us and probably not Gary I think the front runner would be Morton Anderson but on Vikings.com Tice made some comments and he says they have a plan in action???? Who possibly knows what that could be but it doesn't sound at this point he is for sure getting rid of elling but if Aaron even breathes wrong on Thursday night I can't foresee him staying around.

Lesnar cut today

I would take Morten over Elling in a heart beat, at least he has experience and is dependable.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Lesnar cut today

I doubt Lesnar will even be picked up on the practice squad with the number of injuries/suspensions the Vikings have to this point. Perhaps later in the season, when depth improves, if some practice squad player gets hurt or isn't improving, Lesnar may be brought back. I still think you have to have people on the practice squad who may be able to contribute in case of injury, and Lesnar is still too far away to have much hope of actually contibuting this year.

Kind of surprised to see Orner go as well, but as has been said, he doesn't have the leg to kick off. For that matter, that is a main reason Andersen may not make it in KC. In fact, quite a few kickers around the league that I have looked at as possible replacements for Elling are not kicking off in the preseason. I wonder if Tice would actually keep Elling on the roster for kickoffs and long FG attempts, and bring in a vet like Andersen or Gary Anderson for the shorter money kicks. Just a thought.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast