Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lesnar..

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

lesnar..

im thinkin the vikes keep lesnar...he looks like he could be a good goalline defensemen. or even if hovan/ williams get winded....

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

lesnar..

yeah he's good for interest anyway. Practice squad, then the team. He's a champion plain and simple.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

lesnar..

Most famous practice squad guy ever. He has a shot at next year if he keeps learning.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

lesnar..

Yeah, I think with a year of training that this guy can be something special. I've gotta say that I'm rooting for him not only because he's on my beloved Vikes, but also he's from my home state of South Dakota!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

lesnar..

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    Yeah, I think with a year of training that this guy can be something special. I've gotta say that I'm rooting for him not only because he's on my beloved Vikes, but also he's from my home state of South Dakota!

Am I the only one who thinks he should be playing DE and not DT? His best attribute is his speed. It is really being wasted inside. He really got pushed around playing DT. I know he is gonna get better and learn how to shed blockers, but I would like to see him play DE where his 4.7 speed could be used.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

lesnar..

youre right he would be a lot better at DE

ManODaHour is offline Waterboy

lesnar..

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    ...but I would like to see him play DE where his 4.7 speed could be used.
    All reports I've read have said that he has been horrible with his pass rush skills, but not too shabby with his rush defense. I totally agree that he would be a force coming from the outside, but if pass rushing came strictly from speed, many others would be lining up out there. As you mentioned, hopefully he will learn to shed blocks and read and react a little better to the pass. I think if he demonstrates those skills and can still keep his eye on the run, then he will get a shot on the outside. Until that time, he will continue to defend the run on the inside - possibly working as an extra goalline defender, as mentioned above.

I think everyone agrees he will not make the final roster, but has a decent chance to land on the practice squad. The players love his intensity and work ethic and that makes a great practice squad player. His natural ability make him a nice prospect, but his lack of football experience will keep him from landing on the roster this year, maybe next year, and possibly ever.
    SKOL! VIKINGS!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

lesnar..

"ManODaHour" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    ...but I would like to see him play DE where his 4.7 speed could be used.
    All reports I've read have said that he has been horrible with his pass rush skills, but not too shabby with his rush defense. I totally agree that he would be a force coming from the outside, but if pass rushing came strictly from speed, many others would be lining up out there. As you mentioned, hopefully he will learn to shed blocks and read and react a little better to the pass. I think if he demonstrates those skills and can still keep his eye on the run, then he will get a shot on the outside. Until that time, he will continue to defend the run on the inside - possibly working as an extra goalline defender, as mentioned above.

I think everyone agrees he will not make the final roster, but has a decent chance to land on the practice squad. The players love his intensity and work ethic and that makes a great practice squad player. His natural ability make him a nice prospect, but his lack of football experience will keep him from landing on the roster this year, maybe next year, and possibly ever.

His pass rush has looked horrible, because he is playing DT. He can't get around the center or guard, playing DT, so of coarse his pass rushing looks bad. Put him at DE, and I bet he is a much better pass rusher. You are right, it takes more than speed to be a good DE, but he has more than just speed. He has strength and athleticism. I still think he would have a much much beter chance of being a good player, if he was playing and practicing at DE, instead of DT. I agree that he is practice squad bound, and I think all this practice time at DT is a waste of time, and he should be moved to DE and taught how to play that position. I also thought that using Kevin williams at DT and DE last year was a waste of time. We saw what he did, when he was moved to DT for good. I hate when young guys have to learn 2 positions.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

lesnar..

After playing both positions, I can honestly say that DE is more mentally challenging. A DE generally has to have better/more pass rushing moves and countermoves, better play recognition, discipline, hands etc.

I don't think Lesnar has the Technique to be anything more than DT for now, DT is arguably the easiest position to learn, so it probably suits him well.

Right now he is struggling at DT on his pass, rush (a least according to you, I havn't seen him play), that would only be amplified on DE where you are counted on more to get a good pass rush. At Dt a good run stuffer who lack a good pass rush is still serviceable.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

lesnar..

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "BigEasyViking" wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks he should be playing DE and not DT? His best attribute is his speed. It is really being wasted inside. He really got pushed around playing DT. I know he is gonna get better and learn how to shed blockers, but I would like to see him play DE where his 4.7 speed could be used.
    That was my observation...that he got pushed around. He showed me nothing. Frankly, I'm not sure he even deserves to be on the practice squad. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the guy, but he clearly looked overmatched.

Is there such a thing as "double secret practice squad"? :P
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast