Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Leslie Frazier - 'You like the ones that win' - Taking a liking to Vikings

It will be a dominant D for some time. It seems that the DBs are covered (next guy to step in when AW loses his edge). I just hope that they will address the interior D-line in the same manner. If they do this, the D will be a machine that will keep turning and turning.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Two things jumped out at me in the second article:
    1)
    "I'm pretty comfortable with who I am at this stage of my life," Frazier said. "I've played for coaches who were constantly yelling and cursing. And at some point you don't even hear it, and you just do what you got to do. But the guys who teach and can communicate, you have a different respect for those people, and you tend to listen and you tend to want to follow."
    He was coach under Marvin Lewis. I wonder if that's who he was talking about.
    2)
    Frazier practices what he preaches. One of his recurring points is to be accountable and responsible to one another.

So earlier this month in River Falls, Wis., Frazier couldn't ignore what he considered foul play by the Kansas City Chiefs. On the side field, Frazier erupted at some Chiefs players, requiring a few of his players and Chiefs coach Herm Edwards to pull him back.

"Well, let's just say there were some things going on that shouldn't have been going on," Frazier said, declining to elaborate. "I got a little heated about that, so I let it be known."

The message to his players: "I got your back."

"He's going to protect his guys. That's first and foremost," said defensive end Ray Edwards, who was involved in the final Vikings-Chiefs skirmish. "This is our family away from our regular family, and he's like our father on defense."
    So the local press made it sound like Ray Edwards was the culprit (as usual the Vikings fault with the Twin City media). But the fault actually lay with the Chief's dirty play it seems.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    1)
    "I'm pretty comfortable with who I am at this stage of my life," Frazier said. "I've played for coaches who were constantly yelling and cursing. And at some point you don't even hear it, and you just do what you got to do. But the guys who teach and can communicate, you have a different respect for those people, and you tend to listen and you tend to want to follow."
    2)
    Frazier practices what he preaches. One of his recurring points is to be accountable and responsible to one another.

So earlier this month in River Falls, Wis., Frazier couldn't ignore what he considered foul play by the Kansas City Chiefs. On the side field, Frazier erupted at some Chiefs players, requiring a few of his players and Chiefs coach Herm Edwards to pull him back.

"Well, let's just say there were some things going on that shouldn't have been going on," Frazier said, declining to elaborate. "I got a little heated about that, so I let it be known."

The message to his players: "I got your back."

"He's going to protect his guys. That's first and foremost," said defensive end Ray Edwards, who was involved in the final Vikings-Chiefs skirmish. "This is our family away from our regular family, and he's like our father on defense."
    So the local press made it sound like Ray Edwards was the culprit (as usual the Vikings fault with the Twin City media). But the fault actually lay with the Chief's dirty play it seems.
    What dirty play? What was going on that shouldn't have been going on exactly? Anyone know?

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    1)
    I am thinking he might have been referring to Ditka.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    1)
    I am thinking he might have been referring to Ditka.
    Yeah he clearly says he's played for coaches who were yelling, not coached under, so he must've been refering to iron mike
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12